Psych Central

Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > General > New Member Introductions

advertisement
Unread 04-16-2012, 01:54 PM   #1
GOOGOOLI has no updates.

2 yr Member
Default A husband who shouts and curses, and breaks every thing when he gets mad

Hi,
I,m really tried of my husband who curses , puts me down, shouts at me even in front of my son who is an innocent 8 year old kid, and breaks every thing. I can surely say 60-70% of the time he is with me he is angry: he believes I make him angry. Giving you an example, I can not set my alarm clock, because when it goes off he wakes up and breaks the clock. He has broken my previous cell phone because it went off, of course he was at the room and I was in the hall, but still my cell did not survive. I can not talk about any problem cause in his opinion I get on his nerve. I have to deal with every thing myself, and if I have any problem, I must hide it because he will worsen the situation in case if he knows it. My son does not like him too
GOOGOOLI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2012, 02:42 PM   #2
Q&A Leader
Community Liaison

pegasus .

8 yr Member
3,328 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: A husband who shouts and curses, and breaks every thing when he gets mad

Hello GOOGOOLI, sounds like abuse. You might find this forum helpful Survivors of Abuse. Welcome to Psych Central.

Pegasus

Got a quick question related to mental health or a treatment? Ask it here General Q&A Forum

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.” - Albert Einstein

pegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Unread 04-16-2012, 03:13 PM   #3
Poohbah
nicoleflynn has no updates.

2 yr Member
22 hugs
given
Default Re: A husband who shouts and curses, and breaks every thing when he gets mad

Read the Verbally Abusive Relationship by Patricia Evans; ;I believe it should be required reading for everyone on the planet. Abusers are very angry (and NOT at anything having to do with other people); they have issues they have never dealt with. THey usually don't change, unless they get into long-term therapy.

Verbal abuse will kill you physically and emotionally. I am the moderator of an abused survivors' group, and escaped a 31-year verbally abusive "marriage."

Abusers are excruciatingly insecure and will do and say anything to CONTROL...that is the issue behind abuse.

Get into counseling for yourself AND your son (NEVER go with an abuser; they rarely will go, anyway).

Unfortunately being abused sets you up for becoming an abuser or marrying one . Your son's life is being changed every day. I wish i had had the knowledge that I do now.

Hope you will get into counseling and help yourself and your son. Your husband' behavior is not likely to change, and you need help, resources and skills to make some good decisions. Hugs
nicoleflynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2012, 04:10 PM   #4
Anonymous324956
Anonymous324956 has no updates. Edit

Hi GOOGOOLI, Welcome to PC, This is mental abuse, I know it may be difficult but can you get away from this relationship?
Unread 04-16-2012, 04:50 PM   #5

popsicle has no updates.

2 yr Member

It is not your fault.

You cannot change him.

Consider building a better life for you and your son.
popsicle is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:

« Hello | Improving »