Psych Central

Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > Mental Health Support > Dissociative Disorders

advertisement
Unread 02-21-2009, 08:11 PM   #1
Anonymous29357
Anonymous29357 has no updates. Edit

Default I'd like to take a (another) Dissociative test

Hello,
I was diagnosised as Dissociative at the on set of intense therapy program I attended years ago.

I'd been given a written test, not knowing what it was ....

Of course I didn't believe it though it did/does describe most of my actions in 'most' situations.

That watching myself from above - acting a role, yet inside not wanting to be there....

Anyway - been many years now - the Dissociative is still VERY ACTIVE.

I just thought it would be interesting to take another test, now that I know more about it.

Any sugguestions where to locate one on this web?

Much Thanx Starlite111
Unread 02-21-2009, 11:38 PM   #2
Wise Elder

Rhapsody LoVe Hurts

My Mood:

8 yr Member PC PoohBah!
Default Re: I'd like to take a (another) Dissociative test

Hmmm - I was not aware that there was an actual test one takes to determine if they have DID.... for me it was more of talking to my T and telling him of my others (the ones in my mind) that had different names and did things I did not or would not have done.

Good Read - DID
http://www.psychologytoday.com/condi...rm=did&print=1
Rhapsody is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2009, 11:54 PM   #3
Wise Elder

Rhapsody LoVe Hurts

My Mood:

8 yr Member PC PoohBah!
Arrow Re: I'd like to take a (another) Dissociative test

P.S.

OK - I did a search and I found this test on the Internet.
http://counsellingresource.com/quizzes/des/index.html

I took the test and scored 75% - which gives me a high accosication with DID - I would have scored higher, but I have a rare (uncommon) DID where I am actually aware of my alters activities 90% of the time even though I cannot stop or control them.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Unread 02-22-2009, 12:36 AM   #4
Anonymous29357

HELLO,

Yes, I just answered you in the other threads about med with drawals.

Sounds like un fortunatly my DID is as your's.
I do know, usually after the fact, that I'd dissasociated.
And yes, I could not stop or control. them.

To me it's like a numbing mechinusm, without taking it.

Wild too - after realizing you dissasociated, like with trying to numb with wine or something - I still came out feeling like a low life - Like I purposely did something wrong.

"... no win for losing..."
[quote=Rhapsody;953307]P.S.

I took the test and scored 75% - which gives me a high accosication with DID - I would have scored higher, but I have a rare (uncommon) DID where I am actually aware of my alters activities 90% of the time even though I cannot stop or control them.[/quote]
Unread 02-22-2009, 12:47 AM   #5
Orange_Blossom
Orange_Blossom has no updates. Edit

There are also a few other screening tests in addition to the one Rhapsody provided. They are for all Dissociative Disorders, not just DID.

If you score high on the DES your T or P-doc would probably evaluate you using the The Dissociative Disorders Interview Schedule and/or the Structured Clinical Interview for Dissociative Disorders.

The following is from a PsychCentral article.

Advances in the Diagnosis of Dissociative Disorders

Over the past twenty five years, there has been an increase in scientific research on the diagnosis and treatment of dissociative disorders.

Screening tools such as the Dissociative Experience Scale and diagnostic tools such as the Structured Clinical Interview for Dissociative Disorders (or SCID-D) have helped advance work in the identification and treatment of these disorders.

Screening tests cannot diagnose people with a dissociative disorder but can help identify people who have dissociative symptoms and need to be evaluated further. Diagnostic tests require the time of a knowledgeable mental health professional and allow for the definitive diagnosis of dissociative symptoms and disorders.
Raising the Standard of Care: The Structured Clinical Interview for DSM-IV Dissociative Disorders.

Before the development of specialized diagnostic tests, people suffering from dissociative disorders were misdiagnosed for many years preventing the start of effective treatment. Some mental health professionals are still unfamiliar with or skeptical of recent specialized screening and diagnostic tests for dissociation. As more mental health professionals become familiar with advances in detecting dissociative symptoms, there will be less of a delay in accurate diagnosis and treatment.

SCID-D
The use of specialized diagnostic interviews allows for early detection of dissociative symptoms preventing years of ineffective treatments. The Structured Clinical Interview for DSM-IV Dissociative Disorders (The SCID-D) is a diagnostic test that has been proven to be reliable and effective in identifying dissociative symptoms and disorders. The SCID-D is the only diagnostic test in the field of dissociation whose scientific testing has been evaluated and funded by the National Institute of Mental Health. Endorsed by experts in the field, this diagnostic tool is considered the gold standard to which all other tests of this type should be compared.

Over a hundred scientific publications by researchers in the United States and abroad have documented this tests ability to accurately diagnose dissociative symptoms and disorders. In fact, research with the SCID-D indicates that the features of dissociation are virtually identical world wide.

People suffering from dissociative disorders can now be identified with the same degree of accuracy as people suffering from other psychiatric or medical disorders. Just like an electrocardiogram can diagnose heart rhythm abnormalities worldwide, individuals who are suffering from a dissociative disorder can now be accurately identified with the SCID-D.

Since dissociation is a universal response to overwhelming trauma, it should not be surprising that dissociative symptoms are the same in cultures that may be very different.

A trained therapist can administer the Structured Clinical Interview for Dissociative Disorders (or SCID-D) in order to detect whether a person is experiencing dissociative symptoms and/or a dissociative disorder. Evaluation with the SCID-D can take three to five hours. Since accurate identification of dissociative symptoms can prevent many years of missed diagnosis and ineffective treatments with medications that can cause potentially serious side effects, it is recommended that one seek out a specialized evaluation with a trained mental health professional as soon as possible.

http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache:...&gl=us&strip=1
"Thanks for this!" says:
Unread 02-22-2009, 01:27 AM   #6
Anonymous29357

"Advances in the Diagnosis of Dissociative Disorders"

Sounds very scientific - I will check it out.... When my mind is clearer

Thank you
Unread 02-22-2009, 02:19 AM   #7
Wise Elder

Rhapsody LoVe Hurts

My Mood:

8 yr Member PC PoohBah!
Arrow Re: I'd like to take a (another) Dissociative test

Steinberg Depersonalization Test

http://www.drmsteinberg.com/questionnaire.html

This test is designed to determine whether you have experienced signs of depersonalization and may be at risk for a dissociative disorder.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Unread 02-22-2009, 02:34 AM   #8

DianasClan Lost in space.

My Mood:

5 yr Member
2 hugs
given
Post Re: I'd like to take a (another) Dissociative test

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhapsody View Post
P.S.

I took the test and scored 75% - which gives me a high accosication with DID - I would have scored higher, but I have a rare (uncommon) DID where I am actually aware of my alters activities 90% of the time even though I cannot stop or control them.
I took this test and here is how I scored. I think I fudge the answers a little and did not rate the answers as high as they should have been but here is my score.
Dissociative Experiences Scale Test Answers

Total score of: 56.8 (30 or Above, Higher Association With DID)
Unread 02-22-2009, 10:11 AM   #9
Anonymous29357

Absolutely will look into.
Thanx, again - all little bits help
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhapsody View Post
Steinberg Depersonalization Test

http://www.drmsteinberg.com/questionnaire.html

This test is designed to determine whether you have experienced signs of depersonalization and may be at risk for a dissociative disorder.
Unread 03-16-2009, 09:03 PM   #10
Anonymous29357

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange_blossom View Post
there are also a few other screening tests in addition to the one rhapsody provided. They are for all dissociative disorders, not just did.

if you score high on the des your t or p-doc would probably evaluate you using the the dissociative disorders interview schedule and/or the structured clinical interview for dissociative disorders.

the following is from a psychcentral article.

advances in the diagnosis of dissociative disorders

over the past twenty five years, there has been an increase in scientific research on the diagnosis and treatment of dissociative disorders.

screening tools such as the dissociative experience scale and diagnostic tools such as the structured clinical interview for dissociative disorders (or scid-d) have helped advance work in the identification and treatment of these disorders.

screening tests cannot diagnose people with a dissociative disorder but can help identify people who have dissociative symptoms and need to be evaluated further. Diagnostic tests require the time of a knowledgeable mental health professional and allow for the definitive diagnosis of dissociative symptoms and disorders.
raising the standard of care: The structured clinical interview for dsm-iv dissociative disorders.

before the development of specialized diagnostic tests, people suffering from dissociative disorders were misdiagnosed for many years preventing the start of effective treatment. Some mental health professionals are still unfamiliar with or skeptical of recent specialized screening and diagnostic tests for dissociation. As more mental health professionals become familiar with advances in detecting dissociative symptoms, there will be less of a delay in accurate diagnosis and treatment.

scid-d
the use of specialized diagnostic interviews allows for early detection of dissociative symptoms preventing years of ineffective treatments. The structured clinical interview for dsm-iv dissociative disorders (the scid-d) is a diagnostic test that has been proven to be reliable and effective in identifying dissociative symptoms and disorders. The scid-d is the only diagnostic test in the field of dissociation whose scientific testing has been evaluated and funded by the national institute of mental health. Endorsed by experts in the field, this diagnostic tool is considered the gold standard to which all other tests of this type should be compared.

over a hundred scientific publications by researchers in the united states and abroad have documented this tests ability to accurately diagnose dissociative symptoms and disorders. In fact, research with the scid-d indicates that the features of dissociation are virtually identical world wide.

people suffering from dissociative disorders can now be identified with the same degree of accuracy as people suffering from other psychiatric or medical disorders. Just like an electrocardiogram can diagnose heart rhythm abnormalities worldwide, individuals who are suffering from a dissociative disorder can now be accurately identified with the scid-d.

since dissociation is a universal response to overwhelming trauma, it should not be surprising that dissociative symptoms are the same in cultures that may be very different.

a trained therapist can administer the structured clinical interview for dissociative disorders (or scid-d) in order to detect whether a person is experiencing dissociative symptoms and/or a dissociative disorder. Evaluation with the scid-d can take three to five hours. Since accurate identification of dissociative symptoms can prevent many years of missed diagnosis and ineffective treatments with medications that can cause potentially serious side effects, it is recommended that one seek out a specialized evaluation with a trained mental health professional as soon as possible.

http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache:...&gl=us&strip=1
thank you thank you and thank you again