Psych Central

Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > Mental Health Support > Depression

advertisement
Unread 07-25-2008, 01:48 AM   #1

sarahxxkristine hi everyone <3

My Mood:

5 yr Member
Default why do people have to suck so bad?

people just treat me bad....i cant even get treated well on the internet, why do i expect people to treat me good in real life. Ive had friends galore, be there for me one minute and then act like they never knew me the next, it makes me wanna punch something. I think i like animals so much, because they dont judge you.and they love u unconditionally...they dont go out of their way to state ur flaws....the just sit and enjoy ur company....idk people just treat me like crap and it makes me wish i could be alone forever.
Unread 07-25-2008, 03:41 AM   #2
Anonymous29368
Anonymous29368 has no updates. Edit

Default Re: why do people have to suck so bad?

<font color="purple"> Hi Sarah, I guess we havn't met yet.

Sorry to say though that...I don't really have anything to say that could help you right now. (Except for finding friends that don't treat you like crap?) so I guess all I can give is a </font>
Unread 07-25-2008, 08:17 AM   #3
Account Suspended
nowheretorun has no updates.

10 yr Member PC PoohBah!

choose the healthiest friends and groups you can find Sarah.. your health is the most important possession you own.. sending caring healing thoughts always
nowheretorun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2008, 08:29 AM   #4
Legendary Wise Elder

Fuzzybear in my cave

10 yr Member
7,819 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Unread 07-25-2008, 04:31 PM   #5
Grand Poohbah

I_miss_my_kitty has no updates.

My Mood:

5 yr Member

hey Sarah I do care and I think you're a great person i'm here if you need anyone.
I_miss_my_kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2008, 03:16 AM   #6

squid136 has no updates.

5 yr Member

<font color="purple"> </font> I totally agree with u , this past year has been the worst time in my life & I have unfortunately learned in the time when I needed friends & support, people quickly showed their true colors & I have "true friends" that I can count on two hands. These so called friends tell you they are there for you, support, etc. and boy, it's amazing how many just turned their backs and have made it seem as though they never have known me, they are nowhere to be found, no calls, no messages, not even a card. I really thought these people would be there for me, but it has not been the case. I am so tired of being disappointed and let down. It makes me feel like I have done something bad to deserve this, and this is not the case. This is probally the most difficult time in my life & it has just added to my heartache how these"friends" i thought i had seem to just have forgotten me.
squid136 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2008, 04:27 AM   #7
Grand Magnate

nightbird has no updates.

5 yr Member
53 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

there is a flip side to this coin ... we make new friends.

supportive, helpful, caring, honest friends who will ride with us through think and thin.

they are out there.

we have to become better 'pickers', is all.

leave the easy come - easy go for others like themselves.

go for golden. they usually are doing things you admire anyway.

they take care of things on time. they are dependable and reliable.

they don't lie. they don't cheat.

they are fun and safe at the same time.

they are generous of spirit, and spare no necessity.

they learn about us with interest and can be helpful and full of hope.

our friends can pull as through.

you know why?

we are the friend we need to make.

because we can do these things and are willing to.

no one way street, as we see everywhere anymore!

a two-way street,boundaries too, but most importantly, responsible concern for one anothers lives.

it is out here.

just take the chance. try something you know is right and go where you know you need to be, and they will be there, waiting for the development of friendship to enrich our lives - and fill the lonely voids with a chuchke and their smile.

yup. new friends who are genuine, not motivated by self interest only - they don't make friends with authentic people. they might, when they get old, and the glamour fades in this life, but you all on this thread are needing friends who can lift you up and allow you to lighten their loads as well.

go to the places they are waiting for you!

peace,
nightbird

nightbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2008, 10:29 AM   #8
Legendary

Sannah has worn out her welcome here. Good luck to everyone!

5 yr Member
1,755 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Hi Sarah, I'm sorry that you find yourself in this situation. One thing that I learned on my journey was that I make my life. I found myself living like I had no control over my life. I have since found that taking this control over your life is one of the first steps to mental health. Thinking that you are a victim of other people is not a good position to be in. Changing your thinking out of this victim mode and putting yourself in control of your life feels great. Of course this doesn't mean that you have control over entire situations or other people. It just means that you can have control over yourself and what you allow yourself to be subjected to.
Don't let your problems or the world make you feel small. Stretch your arms out over your head. Take a deep breathe. Tell yourself that you are big. You are big, not small. You always have space, you are not trapped........

I'm an ISFJ
Sannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2008, 09:04 AM   #9
Grand Magnate

Angel_of_the_Past has no updates.

My Mood:

5 yr Member PC PoohBah!

You're a wonderful person; people are hard. Sometime people don't think, other times they do. Sometimes we get it, sometimes we don't.

PC is a great place to come for support. Just keep reaching out, the support is here.

Hugs-Angel
Angel_of_the_Past is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2008, 03:35 PM   #10
Grand Poohbah

nonightowl misses her best friend and his kitties :-(

My Mood:

5 yr Member
830 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

I'm glad it's not just me. Boy, it sure does take a crisis to find out who your "real" friends are. And they always have some excuse, "I've been busy." Aren't we all? This is why I'm trying this site, to see if I can find any sincere people. Since I found a nice guy online, maybe I could find a friend too.

People do suck. I agree with you, and sympathize. I always like to say to salespeople (for example) who say, "Refer your friends" that I "don't have any friends." I love the shocked look...LOL

It is also depressing to go to an IM window on my phone for example, and it says, "You have no friends in your contacts." Thank you. (As if I need to be told that)

I also hate it when people say, "Let's get together for lunch or something". When I call their bluff on it, funny how they give you the runaround. They didn't mean it in the first place.... So I say the ball is in their court now. Sick of being the one to call THEM, they do not call ME. Friendship should be a two-way street. They could/should make the effort.

God it felt good to get that out.

"Darn...What chapter was that in?"
nonightowl is offline   Reply With Quote