Psych Central

Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > Mental Health Support > Depression

advertisement
Unread 02-22-2014, 01:00 AM   #1
unhappycamper463 has no updates.

My Mood:

Default felt better for a while now falling

i felt better for a couple weeks when i was firing on all cylinders...then stuff fell through and **** hit the fan and now i have nothing again. i'm starting to wonder why i still push to stay afloat in this ocean of life. it'd be easier to just stop swimming and slip beneath the surface
Unread 02-22-2014, 01:22 AM   #2

paynful has no updates.

My Mood:

993 hugs
given
Default Re: felt better for a while now falling

While I can't speak for you, I have found that life always gets better... it just has to get worse before it does.

There is an ebb and flow that goes with depression. It is never worth it when we are blinded by the pain, fatigue, anger and helplessness.

And then, the sun comes out. The weather gets warmer. Your dog does something ridiculous... and you crack a smile when there is nothing to smile about.

Please, hang in there. Don't give up. If you feel like you are sinking... float on your back for a while. Take a breather, and start swimming when you get your energy back. It is worth it. Fight and endure. You are worth it.
paynful is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Unread 02-22-2014, 12:45 PM   #3

penguinh mountains

My Mood:

71 hugs
given

I feel the same way. I was doing so well and thought I could get through this just to have my inner sadness come back. It feels like nothing in life can satisfy me and make me happy. I feel depressed without a reason. I think one day, we'll get through this and everything will make sense. Hang in there.
Unread 02-23-2014, 03:01 AM   #4
Anonymous100115
Anonymous100115 has no updates. Edit

Well worded. I think it's like the ocean in the sense that you're fighting to keep your head above the waves but one bad jump and suddenly you're in the water with your nose burning of salty water. And you kind of look around and there are all these surfers and groups of people having fun when you aren't and you want a life jacket because you didn't get one or it popped or something.

I guess the only thing to say is that the next upward swell will be that much sweeter knowing how much salt water you took in.

Best of luck!
Unread 02-23-2014, 07:05 AM   #5
Grand Magnate
Community Liaison

zinco14532323 has no updates.

My Mood:

PC PoohBah!

I can relate. I cycle in and out. Can be doing great and then drop into one for no apparent reason. and then come out of it for no apparent reason.
Possibly on low end of bi polar spectrum...trying to decide.

Male, 50

Fetzima 40mg
Lamictal 100mg
Remeron 30mg
Klonopin .5mg twice a day
zinco14532323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2014, 01:06 AM   #6
unhappycamper463 has no updates.

My Mood:

Thanks for the replies everyone. I don't really know what to do. I don't really see the point. Nothing I do works. Nothing changes. It's just the same boring, lonely **** every ****ing day. I had a job and it was the same, now I'm unemployed and it's the same. I'm tired of doing it. I can't find a girlfriend. I can't find a passion. I can't find a reason to get up tomorrow morning. Because why? Tomorrow's going to be another today.
Unread 02-24-2014, 01:36 AM   #7
Anonymous100115
Anonymous100115 has no updates. Edit

It's a really difficult thing to keep going maybe instead of thinking, I'll always fall into nothingness, try, soon I will be feeling better? I try it with my waves of depression because even though there are low points it will be paid in high points eventually. You've tasted it just a few weeks ago right? If not happiness, contentment? It's a wonderful thing but hard to recall when you're exhausted and hurting. I'm not really feeling up for a tomorrow either to be honest :/