Psych Central

Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > Mental Health Support > Depression

advertisement
Unread 09-09-2013, 11:53 AM   #1
Anonymous100107
Anonymous100107 has no updates. Edit

Thumbs down very down help

hi guys **** how do i start criekey I've been feeling very very down for about 3-4 months now maybe longer i can't honestly say i remember to be honest

I don't know what my problem is I keep avoiding social contact I avoid relationships the first r/s I was in was one where the guy liked me alot; it was only last year I was in one actually, but I didn't feel connected to the guy I stayed because he made me feel better about everything & I just wanted to try and make someone else happy so I could know I've done something worthwhile in life. now I miss him/it? so much and now he's moved out of the UK I've been feeling from DISTRAUGHT to genarally feeling like rubbish and like there's not really much ruddy point in anything anymore and all for no reason wtf??

another thing is i have very few friends about 2 or 3 and even then i don't feel all that close to them anymore I'm 19 but I feel like life is passing me by and I'm very down that soon il be 21 and still a worthless nobody with nothing to really live for :/ I don't mean to sound extreme but i Honestly don't know what's keeping me here-not wanting to make anyone alarmed though I hope you can understand what im saying without me having to put anymore hints...
Yeah, it's like that...

another thing is i can't find work i keep trying and applying but hardly anyone is getting back to me and it's getting me very down it's getting harder and harder for me to put on a happy/i'm ok face everyday and I find it hard to eat and drink most days or bother with doing anything I DON'T KNOW HOW TO HELP MYSELF THINGS AREN'T GETTING BETTER AND I DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH MORE I CAN TAKE!!!!!!!
Hugs from:
Unread 09-09-2013, 02:15 PM   #2
Wise Elder
Community Liaison

gayleggg My sanity is slipping.

My Mood:

3,724 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: very down help

Hi, LDarcyRose. Sorry to hear of your breakup. I know that must have been tough and make you want to withdraw even more. I think maybe counseling might be of help to you. Sometimes letting go of a relationship is hard to do on your own.

Reach out to those 2 or 3 friends. Maybe you can get closer to them if you get out and see them more. I know it is hard not to withdraw but that leaves you alone and we are social animals that needs others around us.

You probably would be better off seeing a Psychiatrist to see if there are some meds that would help with your depression. And definitly go to the ER if you have any self harming thoughts. And keep posting on PC, because there are a lot of caring and supportive people on here. Hang in there. There are people who care. I care. PM if you need to talk privately.

Dx: Bipolar II

Meds:
Clonazepam (Klonopin) .5 mg 3X daily, as needed, Ritalin (Methylphenidate) 10mg AM, 5mg 12PM, 5mg 3PM, Fetzima 80mg daily, Saphris 5mg at bedtime, plus Warfarin, and several heart related meds

The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, not to worry about the future, or not to anticipate troubles, but to live the present moment wisely and earnestly. Buddha (BC)
gayleggg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013, 07:19 PM   #3
Grand Poohbah

puzzclar Am I done with my degree yet?? Oh wait I finish in December :)

My Mood:

3 yr Member
58 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: very down help

It seems like when your 21, things won't change... but it's what we do with today that truly matters. All it takes is one step to move things into a positive direction, here's a quote
"A YEAR: From now you may have wish you had Started Today."
~ Karen Lamb.
You can do this, you can choose to live, but it's YOUR choice!!