Psych Central

Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > Mental Health Support > Depression

advertisement
Unread 07-29-2013, 10:47 PM   #1
Sunflowere44 has no updates.

Frown First time, please help me

Hi. I am nervous as I write this. I don't know what to do about anything anymore. I feel like my life is so... Empty. I am lonely and have felt lonely for so much of my life that whenever I get these feelings, it seems like they will NEVER go away. I feel like people never want to hangout wth me anymore. It hurts my feelings so much. If people have other plans that's fine but when people don't write or text back I am SO hurt. It makes me feel so unwanted. I do so much for people. I love doing nice things for them. I really don't do them to get anything in return. I just like to do it.

Sorry for the rant. I just don't have any friends really and have nowhere to vent my emotions.

I kind of like being alone, but I hate feeling lonely if that makes sense. I can watch a movie or just relax at home.. But when I get ignored or people don't invite me places.. My feelings are so hurt. Ah I don't know how to explain what in feeling right now. I have anxiety on a daily basis. I always think the worst is happening and that I did something terribly wrong for someone to not talk to me. I am thinking about stuff like that every second of every day. I'm always wondering why I don't have a lot of friends. It's so hard I just want to be happy.
Sunflowere44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2013, 09:47 AM   #2
vonapathy has no updates.

My Mood:

3 yr Member
22 hugs
given
Default Re: First time, please help me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflowere44 View Post
Hi. I am nervous as I write this. I don't know what to do about anything anymore. I feel like my life is so... Empty. I am lonely and have felt lonely for so much of my life that whenever I get these feelings, it seems like they will NEVER go away. I feel like people never want to hangout wth me anymore. It hurts my feelings so much. If people have other plans that's fine but when people don't write or text back I am SO hurt. It makes me feel so unwanted. I do so much for people. I love doing nice things for them. I really don't do them to get anything in return. I just like to do it.

Sorry for the rant. I just don't have any friends really and have nowhere to vent my emotions.

I kind of like being alone, but I hate feeling lonely if that makes sense. I can watch a movie or just relax at home.. But when I get ignored or people don't invite me places.. My feelings are so hurt. Ah I don't know how to explain what in feeling right now. I have anxiety on a daily basis. I always think the worst is happening and that I did something terribly wrong for someone to not talk to me. I am thinking about stuff like that every second of every day. I'm always wondering why I don't have a lot of friends. It's so hard I just want to be happy.
Hi,
I just want to say I completely understand you and its nice to know that I'm not the only one who feels this way. I always used to think that maybe I'm just a cry baby, or REALLY needy, like, why am I SO hurt that someone didn't text back promptly? Why am I inventing these fictions wherein I presume everyone else is hanging out with out me? what did I do to make everyone avoid me? Why do I only have 2 friends (more like acquaintances)? etc etc.
*shrugs*
I wish I had more to say, some advice or feel good vibes, but all I say is that I totally, totally, understand where you're coming from, cause I'm in spot as well.
vonapathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2013, 05:12 AM   #3
Grand Member

bharani1008 has no updates.

My Mood:

690 hugs
given
Default Re: First time, please help me

I think it's natural to feel sadness when people ignore or reject us. I think that is pretty universal. For some reason (probably biological) kindness can get interpreted as weakness. Also it seems that some people are just born charismatic. I think the only way to counter this is to find another place to give our kindness to. Personally I found that giving to those who need our help the best and surest way to give and receive the love I want. The fulfillment from this is deep and strong. Even though I may not be charismatic and attract people I still find life to be rewarding as long as I don't think about myself too much but think about those who really need me. There are so many places to give your love. There are children who need someone to notice them, animals that need rescuing, elderly people who are lonely and need a little help.
OK off that soapbox.
If you haven't ever seen a professional it's a good idea to do so. You should explore physical avenues and psychological ones. If you've been suffering from anxiety and sadness for long while then it's possible that you need some medical help. That includes talk therapy and medications. It sounds like you are still in school. There are probably counselors or teachers who you can turn to for advice. Given your background it is pretty likely you do need some help. There are some many options for you to feel better. Please talk to someone soon.
You will find that the people on this site can offer you so much love and support. There are social groups and so many forums related to all kinds of issues.
Didn't mean to be so long winded.
Anyway, post here as often as you need to. We are here to listen.
Agomelatine 25mg pm
Alprazoline 0.5- 1mg prn
bharani1008 is offline   Reply With Quote