Psych Central

Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > Mental Health Support > Depression

advertisement
Unread 07-04-2013, 03:53 PM   #1
endoftheworld is there anything worse/more pathetic than failing to have sex?

Default no hope, no future

I'm still in the same place I've always been, apart from now, I'm getting closer to 30. I'm doing very little with my life, I feel I've amounted to nothing.
I've still got no clue what I want to do or what kind of work I'd like to do etc.
I went to a great school, went to university (college) and then I just did nothing. I just constantly feel sad, depressed, always thinking about how rubbish my life is. I suppose I am just overwhelmed by my feelings and it renders me helpless and so apathetic that I can barely do anything.

I don't know maybe there is part of me that still feels I need to get on with my life and do something, but because I've never known what exactly that is, I've just given up now. I'm tired of having to constantly search for it. I have very few options regarding the future. I have tried so many things but all in vain, mainly admin or office work but they have all ended mainly due to me not being focused and quitting. I've thought about studying or retraining but I have no idea what I would want to study and the thought of it scares me. I know I'll find it hard to focus anyway. It's as if because I feel hard done by and frustrated and angry with other life issues, I don't want to contribute to society.

I'm STUCK as I have been for many years.

I am an angry, frustrated man, fed up with life and constantly thinking about how things have not worked out for me, self pity etc. I still live at home with parents, no real motivation to do much, have relationship and sexual issues which is making me even more frustrated and sick of living. I think it's best to continue to live on benefits and live and die alone. I hate life, wish I didn't have to live anymore. Don't tell me there's someone worse off because I would gladly trade places with anyone right now. I've had suicidal feelings for many years now and even though I wish I was dead, I don't think I'm brave enough to actually go through with it.
endoftheworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2013, 04:07 PM   #2

AV747 has no updates.

My Mood:

106 hugs
given
Default Re: no hope, no future

What if you do something creative and interesting, for example shoot video or take pictures. It distracts from the depression , and, also, quite lucrative. These services are always in demand. You can make good money . All will be well. I believe in you.
Unread 07-04-2013, 04:07 PM   #3
Elder

Rohag is updating.

5 yr Member
2,643 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Hello, Endoftheworld.
Quote:
Originally Posted by endoftheworld View Post
...but they have all ended mainly due to me not being focused...
In your case, is lack of focus due to the depression or is there some other cause alongside or hiding behind depression? (No need to answer; just something to consider.)
Unread 07-04-2013, 04:13 PM   #4
NJBlues has no updates.

My Mood:

14 hugs
given

A good therapist should be able to help with many of these issues. Get help, don't give up!
NJBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2013, 04:20 PM   #5

AV747 has no updates.

My Mood:

106 hugs
given

Hold on!