Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > Mental Health Support > Depression

advertisement
Unread 05-17-2013, 10:02 AM   #1

Aiuto Trying My Best!

My Mood:

183 hugs
given
Frown I Have Major Depression

It is so hard when you have NEVER felt love in my life because I was a mistake baby and my parents got divorced when I was 4years old.My dad a doctor abandoned me and my mother treats me horrible.My mother is turning my daughter against me that I cannot get her to come home.My mother and step father want me to pay their bills because the keep my daughter their.I want my daughter to come home!!!I cannot pay their bills I am barely making it myself I have a brain injury and do not know if I will ever be able to work again at the age 34.My life is a sad story and my doctors ask how are you doing it?I do not know anymore I am losing hope.I feel like I am living in hell why should I continue this life?
Aiuto is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Unread 05-17-2013, 11:45 AM   #2

nessaea has no updates.

My Mood:

76 hugs
given
Default Re: I Have Major Depression

*hugs Aiuto*

I'm really sorry this is happening to you right now. It sounds like things are very overwhelming, and scary.

Firstly, do you have anyone to talk to about what is going on? Do you have a therapist, or a doctor, or even a close friend or family member? If you don't, I think it would be good to see if you can find someone just to listen and support you through this rough period.

You mentioned you have a brain injury and don't know if you will ever be able to work again. I'm really sorry to hear that, and I can't imagine how difficult and defeating that must feel. I'm wondering if there is any support in your area for people who are unable to work? I know here we have a disability support that will give you money if you can't work. It is a bit of a process to get on it, and it isn't much money, but it is definitely enough to live on. Is it possible to look into something like that?

Also, I wonder if it is legally possible for your parents to keep your daughter away from you. How old is she? Unless they are her guardians, or there has been some ruling that she cannot live with you, I think it might be worth looking into whether or not they can actually keep her from her.

Again, I'm sorry this is so hard right now. I'm sending you lots of hugs and support! Please keep us posted on how you are doing!

Ness
nessaea is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Unread 05-17-2013, 12:13 PM   #3
Grand Magnate

Rose76 I'm doing pretty good.

My Mood:

3 yr Member
2,282 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

I'm sorry that your situation is so hard. You need more moral support. Like the poster above, I hope you have someone trustworthy to talk to. In the meantime, we are here also. Each of the stressors you mention is a big topic all on its own. Eventually, I would encourage you to start a thread for each of them. I suggest that because here at PC you probably can get feedback from others who have had each of those tough things to deal with. You might feel less alone with that input.

To have all those stressors going on must feel overwhelming. You truly are very depressed. It can seem impossible to change things, but that is the depression talking. Your life is as important as anyone else's. You have worth, and there are people in this world who will value you . . . as we here at PC value you.
Rose76 is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Unread 05-17-2013, 12:37 PM   #4
Magnate

Hellion has no updates.

My Mood:

3 yr Member
4 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Does your mom have custody of you're daughter? If not she has no right to keep her from you. And even if she does if you feel its injust you can try and fight it legally. As for making you pay their rent, there is no way they can legally do that, so don't feel like you have to it sounds like they're trying to use emotional manipulation unfortunately I have to deal with that from my mom and some other family but the best thing to do is not give into it.

Do you have a therapist or anyone to maybe talk to about what steps you could take or that could point you to some help...I mean it sounds like it would be best to get some kind of legal advice on this.

I actually know someone going through something simular, her parents basically had her living at home and somehow had her SSI money going to them so she took legal action to fix that problem and got her money and moved out...but now her parents have her daughter not sure if they have custody or not but they tell the daughter a bunch of crap about her mom trying to make her not want to see her. And as far as I know she's trying to do something about it...but obviously its a hard thing to deal with.

Anyways I hope you can find some help with this.
Hellion is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Unread 05-17-2013, 07:55 PM   #5

Aiuto Trying My Best!

My Mood:

183 hugs
given

I have a T I meet every Friday.No they do not have any custody of her.My T says to not force her to come home that I need to make her want to come home....I don't know how do do that...I tried EVERYTHING and she wont come home.I told her I wanted to go get ice cream and watch a movie and she said NO she does not want to go anywhere.

I have a therapist and a team of 6 M.D.s as my support and one sister.I applied for disability and I am down with everything now waiting for a decision letter.And then my parents are going to have there hand out for me to help them and they have not even given me moral support.I will start taking my daughter to T with me once she gets out of school in few weeks....my daughter does not know yet!

I think my depression might get better if she would come around for me.She is 13 andI know that age sucks but I am her mother...I am always going to be there for her.And yes my mother is VERY manipulative to me.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Unread 05-17-2013, 09:34 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Clara22 wants to listen more, speak less, not to judge

My Mood:

1,239 hugs
given

Hi,
I admire your strength as you have gotten professional help, something I have not done yet, hang on in there!
Clara22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Hugs from:
Unread 05-18-2013, 12:33 AM   #7

lostinbooks is lost in a book.

My Mood:

267 hugs
given
Angry Re: I Have Major Depression

If they are bad mouthing you to your daughter making it so you can't see her; then they have no right to be putting their hand out.
lostinbooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2013, 02:04 AM   #8

Aiuto Trying My Best!

My Mood:

183 hugs
given

It is a horrible situation because I have insurance finances coming to me and I would NEVER TRADE THIS LIST OF HELL for money and that's what my mother wants my money and for me to take care of them when the day comes.They have not morally supported me at all.My older sister is helping me with the Insurance company.It is pretty sad because my sister tells me we have to keep it a secret from my mom.At one point my mom thought I would sign my rights with lawyer over to her! I did not Thank God!

~On mother's day my mom, my daughter, and I went to meet my sister at mother's day lunch and me and my mom got in a little tiff about parking and she said "well your not always a joy to be around" I said and neither are you!She dropped me and my daughter off while she went and parked and we went into a store and I called my sister to give her a heads up of how my mom already upset me.Luckily my daughter is a teen and had head phones in because she does not want to hear all this drama.

**My daughter will start going with me to my T in a few weeks when she gets out of school.she does not know. My T says I will make it worse if I force her to come home that I have to make her come home....so I pray she will get better and I really do not know if me and my mom will be talking after I settle very soon.I would never wish this on anybody and money is not S*!t knowing you will never be back to 100% or maybe never be able to have a job.All my dreams just went in a blink of a eye.

~I cry often but I already had my psychiatrist up my dose of antidepressants and I was a zombie!My traumatic brain injury physical therapist told me to go get it lowered back down and I did.I learned I have to go into psychiatrist very numb and if I cry he is raising the med's again.Sucks but true.I cry because I have PTSD, major depression,TBI,anxiety,lonely,grieving, and going threw this all by myself and I only trust my M.d.s.I am not suicidal I am just not happy and my psychiatrist is just so quick to up my med's if I go in upset and that does not help me.I went from crying 5times a day to maybe 3 times a week now.
Hugs from:
Unread 05-19-2013, 08:22 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Clara22 wants to listen more, speak less, not to judge

My Mood:

1,239 hugs
given

do you have any friends?
Clara22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2013, 08:31 AM   #10

Aiuto Trying My Best!

My Mood:

183 hugs
given

As of right now I have 2 friends in different states.All my friends left when this cookie was crumbling.Why do you ask?I know it would make a difference.But after all my friends left me in this mess.I do not know if I want any friends.