advertisement
Unread 05-17-2013, 07:35 AM   #1

InTheShadows is

My Mood:

2 yr Member
132 hugs
given
Default depression again?

i had almost two weeks of stability since coming out of months of depression. I thought it was all getting better but it's not and i'm scared. i don't know how much more of this i can take.
InTheShadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2013, 08:31 AM   #2
Elder

Rohag is updating.

5 yr Member
2,432 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: depression again?

You've been struggling with depression for 22+ years, yes? In your experience, how long do periods of relative stability last?

I'm particularly concerned about you due to the events of just a couple of months ago. Please keep your doctors apprised of what's going on, and please keep posting.
Unread 05-17-2013, 09:21 AM   #3

InTheShadows is

My Mood:

2 yr Member
132 hugs
given

Hi Rohag,

thanks, yes it's been 22 years of depression. my concern is that the periods of stability used to be much longer, but they are getting shorter and shorter. I know that I'm gonna end up shuffling around a long term psychward having lost my mind. the doctor actually talked to me about that a couple weeks ago. I am putting in a call to him today. I also finished the disability application, work is impossible right now.

thanks for the reply
hugs,
~Shady
InTheShadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2013, 11:53 AM   #4

nessaea has no updates.

My Mood:

76 hugs
given

I'm sorry things are so bad for you right now, but it sounds like you are taking all the right steps towards getting better by talking to your doctor, applying for disability, etc. I think, if you can, it might be worth it to take a minute and look at how strong you have been to be able to do all of these things. I think you should be very proud of yourself for having been able to even post about it on here, let alone talk to your doctor. It takes a lot of courage to deal with depression, and the fact that you have struggled with it for 22 years and are still working on getting through it is really admirable.

I hope your stability returns soon, but in the meantime, don't forget how strong you are!!

*hugs*

Ness
nessaea is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Unread 05-18-2013, 12:46 AM   #5
Grand Member

bharani1008 has no updates.

My Mood:

690 hugs
given

I know the weariness of long term depression is hell. I agree that you have been very strong to have endured it and continue to fight.
I just know through my psychiatrist that there are so many medical options out there and they are discovering new ones constantly. Keep in touch with your dr.s and make sure they keep looking at new things for you.
If necessary do some research on you own and make suggestions to them. My doc has a huge book he refers to plus he reads lots of articles in his magazines. Find a dr. with a true love for his calling. It will help a lot.
I hope you feel better soon.
Agomelatine 25mg pm
Alprazoline 0.5- 1mg prn
bharani1008 is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says: