Psych Central

Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > Mental Health Support > Depression

advertisement
Unread 04-29-2013, 08:10 PM   #1
unhappycamper463 has no updates.

My Mood:

Default trapped

well my wellbutrin's not working anymore. my sleeping pills don't work. my therapy doesn't work. my life is exactly the same as when I walked into the hospital 4 months ago. nothing has changed, nothing has gotten better. it has just gotten worse. everybody says ask for help but it doesn't ****ing do anything. i can't find another job, i can't find any friends, i can't find love, i'm just a loser.
Unread 04-29-2013, 08:26 PM   #2
Account Suspended
allimsaying found out that loving everyone is hard.

2 yr Member
2,259 hugs
given
Default Re: trapped

Thats pretty hard luck. Do you play the guitar? Thatd be a great blues number. Not joking. Have you tried poetry?
allimsaying is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 10:15 PM   #3
anonymous8113
anonymous8113 has no updates. Edit

Have you had several changes in medications over the last year or so? Often it takes as many as three or more different experiences with medications to find the
right "cocktail" to meet your chemical needs for brain stability.

If you haven't been given alternative choices in meds, ask for them. Things will
change for you if you take an active part in trying to get the chemistry right.

Then you can find your peace in your heart and look for love; it's really all around
you; you just need to be able to feel it.

Take care.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Unread 04-30-2013, 01:30 AM   #4
Anonymous32930
Anonymous32930 has no updates. Edit

I have tried probably 20 different meds for depression/anxiety and they don't work, I just get insane side effects...and these don't even include SSRIs as my body can't tolerate those anyway. I take Klonopin to keep these nasty dreams I have away and so I can sleep sometimes (mostly I don't) but it does nothing for my anxiety. I am finally switching Ts because that hasn't been working either. And I got laid off last year. I haven't gone out with anyone in 3 years, the love of my life is taken, and I have pushed most of my friends away...I want most of them gone, I can't be around people who are happy. Anyway, you are not a loser, but you are struggling and I wanted to let you know that you are not the only one. Try a different med (or 2 or 3) and get a different T if you can. Try to meet some new people. Worry about love when you have taken care of you and feel better first. I wish you the best.
Unread 04-30-2013, 01:32 AM   #5
Grand Member

bharani1008 has no updates.

My Mood:

2 yr Member
690 hugs
given

I agree with genetic. Give it more time.
Depression just takes so much work.
Just a thought. How do you feel about getting a pet. Giving love is as getting it. You experience the same feeling. Plus you are making another creature happy and secure. Parakeets are wonderful pets and easy to take care of.
You might find volunteering helpful. Feeling worthlesss can be changed by consciously doing something worthwhile. There are so many places that need help and living things that need help.
I hope you feel better soon.
Don't give up OK?
Agomelatine 25mg pm
Alprazoline 0.5- 1mg prn
bharani1008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Hugs from: