Psych Central

Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > Mental Health Support > Depression

advertisement
Unread 04-22-2013, 12:55 PM   #1
hidesad has no updates.

Default I hate my workplace

I'm so sad here at work. I hide in the bathroom just wanting to cry.
hidesad is offline   Reply With Quote
Hugs from:
Unread 04-22-2013, 12:59 PM   #2
hidesad has no updates.

I'm a grown man hiding in the bathroom. I'm afraid to let anyone down do I overcompensate with everything I do. This has made my coworkers resent me
Hugs from:
Unread 04-22-2013, 12:59 PM   #3

Vossie42 has no updates.

My Mood:

3 yr Member
424 hugs
given
Default Re: I hate my workplace

I've had days like that. I do a few silent screams to help relieve the tension. Puffy eyes from crying is just too much to explain.

Did something specific happen? Or is it the job or the general work environment? It's so hard when things are not going well at work because we spend so much time at work, driving to and from work, and unwinding from work. Bleah!
Vossie42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2013, 01:03 PM   #4

Vossie42 has no updates.

My Mood:

3 yr Member
424 hugs
given

You obviously care about your quality of work - a good thing. It sounds like your coworkers are jealous because you do your job better than they do theirs. You make them look bad, lol.
Unread 04-22-2013, 01:19 PM   #5
hidesad has no updates.

I talk a lot about it with my therapist. It is hard. I think people would be surprised if they knew what really motivated me. It is not the corporate ladder but this deep down feeling I have that I am a loser.
Hugs from:
Unread 04-22-2013, 02:15 PM   #6

Vossie42 has no updates.

My Mood:

3 yr Member
424 hugs
given

I wouldn't be surprised if many high achievers were motivated by the fear of not being good enough or of failing.
Unread 04-22-2013, 04:52 PM   #7
hidesad has no updates.

It's so frustrating because my coworkers take these passive aggressive shots at me all the time. They are always ready to put down my work.
Unread 04-23-2013, 03:39 PM   #8
Catfromhell has no updates.

I've been the same way for 7 years. I'm a care worker in the UK, Seen as quite a lowly job but there are opportunities to progress, But I just hate my workplace so much the thought of taking on extra responsibility and hours just cripples me. I have been bullied by my colleagues and made to do all their work for 7 long years, Not a good thing when you're already depressed. The one thing that sticks in my mind the most was the time I returned to work after the holidays (i work in a residential college), After having been the last member of staff there before the holidays. My colleagues, All women in their 50's were holding a bag of what looked like offal from the butchers, Saying they had found it in the bin and that it must have been me that left it there. I denied it obviously. They were trying to make out I had had a miscarriage at work and left it in the bin. When my boss saw i wasn't going to play ball this time, She spat in my face in front of 5 other people who all laughed, And spread the rumour anyway. Management just laughed it off and told me to prove it. Delightful, Eh. I've stuck it out thus far as I needed the money and the wages were quite good. Now however, I've realised no amount of money is worth this amount of sadness and stress every day, Money never used to bother me when i had none. Sadly I am too stupid to get a decent job, But I have resolved to get a job elsewhere, Preferably in a shop or something similar, Where i can just go in to work, Do a days work, Go home and not even think about the place until my next shift. I can't bloody wait!
Catfromhell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2013, 08:35 PM   #9
hidesad has no updates.

Wow. That's sounds like a really terrible workplace.