advertisement
Unread 04-10-2013, 12:12 PM   #1

will19 has no updates.

My Mood:

2 yr Member
68 hugs
given
Default Springtime Depression

This is the first time I have started a thread on here. I've always replied to them. I feel like I get depression in the Spring season. That may not make much sense to some people because it seems like they get that in the Winter. I rarely ever get depression in the Winter. But Spring comes around and I feel awful.

Today the skies are totally clear and the temps will probably reach 75 degrees. It makes me feel so bad. Last Monday it was cloudy, a little drizzle, and windy with a high of 55 and it made me feel good. Except I was stressed about an upcoming result that I was waiting for. I guess I must be nuts to be so depressed on a perfect weather day!

I don't like the warmer temperatures and the longer daylight. I know that it's a welcomed thing for a lot of people, but not for me. Also I have windows opened and it seems noisy. I hate it! During the winter months it's so nice and cool and cozy.

Another thing is that this time of year has been when setbacks and tragedies have happened for me. So I guess the weather conditions just remind me of those things. One time I mentioned that to someone and he just said, "get your mind on more positive things!" I thought that was a stupid thing to say. And of all things, I felt like I had corrected him on how to deal with his wife who was going through severe depression. After I had corrected him on it, funny thing was, a miracle happened. She snapped out of it all of a sudden after a whole year!

Anyone else feel the same way?
will19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Hugs from:
Unread 04-10-2013, 12:38 PM   #2
Grand Member

Pierro is so good at pretending

My Mood:

437 hugs
given
Default Re: Springtime Depression

Hello Will19, I feel the same as you, but maybe for different reasons(maybe not). I have 3 children and all I do on these long upcoming days is watch out the window at them playing. I'm quite contented with the dark winter nights as they are inside and I know they are safe. When they come home they have their dinner, and homework will be done and off they go. I think its because, for me, I dont want to converse with the neighbours as I be so tired when I come home from work.My husband is gone to work by 5:30 an I am there all night with them. Plus they dont want to go to bed when they are on their holidays. Sorry for ranting. Theres always a reminder of people who have passed away, you just learn to deal with things better. Best Wishes to you
Hugs from:
Unread 04-10-2013, 02:29 PM   #3
Elder

Rohag is updating.

5 yr Member
2,714 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Will19, I've met at least two other PC posters with roughly similar stories. "Reverse/Summer SAD" (Seasonal Affective Disorder) is a known phenomenon:
Quote:
...about 10% of people with SAD get it in the reverse — the onset of summer triggers their depression symptoms.
- 6 Tips to Help Summer Depression by PC's Therese J. Borchard
Unread 04-10-2013, 02:47 PM   #4
Elder

emgreen Hoof-hearted

2 yr Member
168 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohag View Post
Will19, I've met at least two other PC posters with roughly similar stories. "Reverse/Summer SAD" (Seasonal Affective Disorder) is a known phenomenon...
Wow! Interesting. I have winter SAD, but never knew some folks had spring/summer SAD.

Will, I'm sorry this is a difficult time of the year for you. Aside from having winter depression, the month of June is rough for me because of so many sad anniversaries. In addition to potential SAD, I hope the sting of past setbacks & tragedies won't get you too down this year. Good luck.
emgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Hugs from:
Unread 04-10-2013, 02:56 PM   #5
Anonymous32825
Anonymous32825 has no updates. Edit

I have spring memories that make me sad...once it was the happiest time in my life, but not anymore. I hate winter, but then I can just be cold and complain about that.
Now I like summer because the heat blasts away all my sad feelings from spring, when it is 100+ and everyone is complaining how hot it is...I just like feeling that incredibly hot feeling of nothing but HOT, none of this nice light and gentle breezes that makes me want to cry for hours on end in the spring.
So I totally get you...just perhaps for a different reason.