Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > Mental Health Support > Depression

advertisement
Unread 04-05-2013, 09:28 PM   #1

penguinsing has no updates.

2 yr Member
62 hugs
given
Default Talked to the wrong person

I talked to the wrong person. One of the family friend.
I feel worst. She is always on my mother's side, and in the sense I am always wrong. She is very judgemental to me.

I know she wasn't a good person to talk to, but I still talked to her, coz i have no one to talk to, and now I ended up feeling more hurt.

I am dump, I desever all these.
penguinsing is offline   Reply With Quote
Hugs from:
Unread 04-05-2013, 10:45 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Sam2 has no updates.

My Mood:

2 hugs
given
Default Re: Talked to the wrong person

No one deserves to be depressed. By the same token, depression doesn't make you a bad person. You are just as good as anyone else, and deserve to be treated as a good person.

Most of us need to reach out to someone during bad times. Sometimes there aren't any good choices as far as who to talk to. You had no one else, so whether or not your Mother's friend was the right person to talk to is immaterial. Don't let her make you feel worse. Her thoughts on your depression and judgements about you as a person are just the thoughts of one person. She does sound like someone to avoid if you can. Its a pretty safe bet that she is no where near perfect herself, so her opinion is just that. An opinion. There are many many more people here who understand depression and won't be judgemental of you.

If you don't already have a therapist, finding one would be a good idea. The maze of depression is hard to find your way through alone. There may be some medications that can help as well. Some therapists have group sessions as well as individual therapy that act as support groups.

Above all, remember that you are a good person, and the opinion of someone you don't care for in the first place carries no weight.

Sam2
Sam2 is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Unread 04-05-2013, 11:38 PM   #3
Poohbah
Idiot17 has no updates.

My Mood:

2 yr Member
1,762 hugs
given

You don't deserve it. I felt somewhat similar everytime i tried speaking to someone, they would agree with the other party. (((hugs)))
Idiot17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Hugs from:
Unread 04-06-2013, 02:26 PM   #4
Wisest Elder Ever

Fuzzybear in my cave

10 yr Member
9,299 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

((((((( hugs)))))))
Unread 04-06-2013, 02:35 PM   #5
maintainhappiness has no updates.

My Mood:

Unfortunate, but at least now you recognize that she isn't the right one to talk to, and you can find someone else to comfort you. Even if its on these forums! I'm always here to listen
maintainhappiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2013, 11:14 PM   #6

penguinsing has no updates.

2 yr Member
62 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam2 View Post
....If you don't already have a therapist, finding one would be a good idea. The maze of depression is hard to find your way through alone. There may be some medications that can help as well....
I really want to see a therapist but I can't find one and I can't afford one. I am taking meds, but I that only stop me from feeling worst. Also, I would have nightmare all night long if I don't take the meds. But when I am over dose (the doc prescribe then went on holiday) I got very sick, I physical size is not capable of increasing to a certain dose. I end up have to go to another doctor to get a lower dose until my psychiatrist came back from vacation/ holiday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idiot17 View Post
You don't deserve it. I felt somewhat similar everytime i tried speaking to someone, they would agree with the other party. (((hugs)))
Sometimes I just want comfort because I am upset or hurt. And it wouldn't help if I got the opposite at that time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maintainhappiness View Post
Unfortunate, but at least now you recognize that she isn't the right one to talk to, and you can find someone else to comfort you. Even if its on these forums! I'm always here to listen
Thank you.

Last edited by penguinsing; 04-07-2013 at 12:42 AM.
penguinsing is offline   Reply With Quote