Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > Mental Health Support > Depression

advertisement
Unread 03-30-2013, 07:26 AM   #1
jean17 has no updates.

My Mood:

298 hugs
given
Confused Over-medicated

I really try so hard not to do this, but I just get desperate and take a handful of drugs in an effort to feel no pain, physical and emotional. Yesterday was one of those days. I swallowed lots of extra Rx meds and OTC's to treat back pain. And then more to sleep. I know it's a slippery slope, but the need to feel better overwhelms me. I realized I had gone too far when our church Deacon asked me how his homily was and I had absolutely no idea what he had said although I had just sat and listened attentively to him. It's like a demon inside me that I don't control pushes me over what in my mind, intellectually, I know is not good for me. hugs to all. I love being here with people who understand.
jean17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Hugs from:
Unread 03-30-2013, 08:21 AM   #2
A lonely Loner

Puffyprue My grief was cold. It was nothing to share. It was nothing to speak about, nothing to feel.

My Mood:

5 yr Member
1,875 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Over-medicated

Depression always hard, i understand the will to get better few years ago i even visited my Psychiatrist 3 times a week and Psychologist 2 times a week, followed each of their instruction and its depressing but at that time i really want to get better like everyone else but its super hard and no over medicated never works ..ever.Be patient maybe its the key..take it easy even tho its hard try to do something that could distracted your mind and post here wherever you can and Hang in there

Puffyprue is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Unread 03-30-2013, 03:40 PM   #3
Elder

Leed has no updates.

My Mood:

3 yr Member
189 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Jean -- Please tell me what kind of PHYSICAL pain you have. Is it spinal, cervical, what is it? And what medication are you PRESCRIBED? I don't want to know what you take over the counter -- I want to know what your doctor prescribes.

Now -- what does your doctor PRESCRIBE for your emotional pain? And what is your diagnosis? Is it depression? What do you take? (prescripton only)

You might be UNDER medicated. If that's true, then you need to have a good chat with your doctor. Sometimes we have to sit them down and tell them exactly how SEVERE our pain is! It's a FACT that they sometimes just don't understand! I know mine didn't, until I finally sat him down, even after about 2-3 years of being his patient, and it made me mad, but I collapsed in tears. I hate it when I cry but I couldn't help it. I was both mad and sad that he didn't understand -- and when I started crying, I think it FINALLY made it thru his thick skull that I was REALLY in pain! So he changed my medication and lo and behold I've been more "comfortable" (and I use that term loosely) than I've ever been.

So if you ARE undermedicated, you need to talk to your doc. STOP TAKING ALL THIS OTC medication!!! You're eating your stomach out!!! Your stomach cannot tolerate this kind of stuff! You're going to start bleeding from the stomach pretty soon if you keep this up!

So let us know what you're taking. Maybe we can help, ok? God bless & take care. Hugs, Lee
Unread 03-31-2013, 05:06 AM   #4
jean17 has no updates.

My Mood:

298 hugs
given

Well I'm on Mirtazipine 45mg hs, Quitiapine 200mg hs, Pregabaline 150mg bid, Clonazepam 0.5mg bid, Zopiclone 7.5mg hs and Effexor 75mg am.

Then I use Tylenol#1 x 3, Robaxacet Regular strength x 3, (not together, but either or) for upper back pain and leg pain, up to four times a day,I have Ileo-tibia band syndrome and Gravol 100 mg two or three times a day if I'm having a "nausea day". I know that I shouldn't be doing this, but I hurt. It means being active or being in bed and still in pain.
jean17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Hugs from:
Unread 03-31-2013, 06:43 AM   #5
Elder

Leed has no updates.

My Mood:

3 yr Member
189 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Since your upper back and leg hurts so much, have you told your doctor? You NEED to so he can run an MRI. There could be something wrong with your discs in the spine, and if there is, he could prescribe pain meds. Plus he'd send you to a NEUROSURGEON to get an opinion.

so you NEED to tell your doctor about the back and leg pain!! Make SURE he knows how bad it is! You can't keep taking that OTC medication!!! Plus your Pregabaline isn't sufficient to ease that pain. You need an MRI with and without contrast material, so talk to him, ok? And do it soon.

God bless & let me know what happens, will you? Hugs, Lee
Hugs from:
Unread 04-01-2013, 06:05 AM   #6
pantera4420 has no updates.

I don't suggest this for anyone but I was recently diagnosed with depression. The meds they gave me made me feel worse so I decided to change my diet and also found out I was suffering from sleep apnea. I haven't felt this good in years although I do still have those bad days but nothing like they used to be.
pantera4420 is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from: