Unread 03-27-2013, 04:53 AM   #1
Grand Member

Pierro is so good at pretending

My Mood:

2 yr Member
448 hugs
given
Default Depressed or just unhappy ?

Hello Everybody, I went to see my pdoc yesterday and she asked me "Do you think that you are unhappy in your life or depressed". I couldnt answer her. You see I dont love my job but I dont Hate it either, on a personal note as I told the pdoc my relationship with my husband is strained because of my depression. I think the longest I spent without talking to him was maybe one week. I know that sounds terrible but when Im really down my I just cant speak. As for work I'm very quiet but polite. I think I take it out on him. Thanks for reading.Any input is very appreciated. Forgive my spelling.
Hugs from:
Unread 03-27-2013, 05:16 AM   #2
Anonymous33170
Anonymous33170 has no updates. Edit

Default Re: Depressed or just unhappy ?

Hi Pierro, wanted to send you some hugs. I'm sorry you are feeling like this. To me it does sound like a depression.. You mentioned that you feel so bad that you cannot even speak..not even to your husband. That is a warning sign.
You already mentioned low moods..Can you determine what causes them? Do you have any other signs like change of sleep patterns, withdrawing from usual daily activities, fatigue, concentration problems etc? Did your pdoc say what her/his opinion was whether or not you could be depressed? I hope you can figure out whats going on and find the right treatment for you. Wishing you the best.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Unread 03-27-2013, 06:37 AM   #3
Elder

Leed has no updates.

My Mood:

3 yr Member
189 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Depressed or just unhappy ?

Hello Pierro and I'm glad you found us. I agree that it sounds like depression. Depression can be so terrible. If effects every part of our life. If feels like everything is gray -- no matter what we do, there is no "color" to anything and there is no joy.

I've been depressed since I was a small child -- and I'm almost 64 now. So I know quite a little bit about depression.

In therapy, you need to get to the root of the depression, and find out what is causing it. Sometimes we have to go back to our childhood -- perhaps there was some abuse? Perhaps your childhood was unhappy? Perhaps your marriage is unhappy? There are all sorts of reasons for depression, and you'll find out in therapy.

I wish you the very best. Please keep us posted on your progress and let us know what you found out. We're right behind you. God bless and please take care. Hugs, Lee