Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > Mental Health Support > Depression

advertisement
Unread 03-25-2013, 01:16 PM   #1
jean17 has no updates.

My Mood:

288 hugs
given
Unhappy Not feeling good

It's not good, here it comes again. Downward spiral. Out-of-control thoughts pulling me down. Anxiety choking me. Everything was fine two days ago and now I'm miserable. Nothing feels good. I don't want to do anything. Nothing matters. Nothing helps. I just plod through the day, alone, until I can take my bedtime meds and drift into oblivion. Life shouldn't be like this.
jean17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2013, 01:36 PM   #2

gracez has no updates.

My Mood:

875 hugs
given
Default Re: Not feeling good

Hi Jean17,

I just wanted to say that you are not alone. I feel like this most days, and don't usually have ups. I'm sure many people on this forum do. Like you, I go thru every day not feeling hopeful or happy about anything and looking forward to the blank-out of sleep.

So I don't actually have any advice on how to feel better but I wanted to reach out and say I know that experience very well, you're not alone, and keep writing some more here, people care.

xxx Grace
gracez is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Unread 03-25-2013, 02:19 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Sam2 has no updates.

My Mood:

2 hugs
given
Default Re: Not feeling good

Depression seems to be a very individual disorder. For some it comes in waves, for others its constant. I'm not sure which is worse. When its constant, you know what to expect. When it comes in waves, you think you are starting to climb out of the hole, only to wake up the next day just as deep as you were days ago.

Since we are in this life, its better to keep trying. There are some good things along the way. When I feel down because I can't walk right and my head always hurts, I remind myself of my cousin who is just a couple years older than me, has CP and can't even get out of bed anymore. His mind is fine, but he has lost the ability to do anything enjoyable.

It has to be worth it on some level. I don't know if you are religious or not, but some find comfort in that. In the grand scheme of things, our lives are mere moments in eternity. We have to try and get eachother through it and try to learn from the pain we are handed. I know, easy to say. As bad as things get, at least we aren't in a country that can yank you off the street because you said something about the president, and then torture you to death. Recently i read an article about a girl, I think she was from Pakastan, that was speaking out about the right of girls to have an education. The taliban stormed her school bus and shot her in the head. She was fifteen at the time. She still speaks out about it though I think she is now living in the states. That takes guts.

Sam2
Sam2 is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from: