Unread 05-10-2011, 01:58 AM   #1
Grand Member

feary has no updates.

My Mood:

3 yr Member
3 hugs
given
Default things never work out for me

I can't do anything right. I wasn't re-elected to the parent teacher organization board next year (I was lousy at it) and my tennis skills are gone, i am divorced and lonely, and have no job and no friends, I am fat, I am moving out of a lovely home and into a crappy apartment and I only have half custody of my kids and my ex is a nightmare, my health is declining, these meds are messing me up, i have depression and anxiety and nothing seems good right now but my children are amazing and that is all that matters

when will it all get better even slightly?
feary is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2011, 07:02 AM   #2
Anonymous32982
Anonymous32982 has no updates. Edit

Heart Re: things never work out for me

hi feary,

i would start by challenging the negative thoughts, there seem to be a lot of them. There is much in the way of your circumstances that you can change too in order to start feeling better about yourself. I am fat too but I'm working on changing that by going to the gym (walking will also work). But people are already commenting on how I am carrying myself differently. Figure out the things you can change and work on changing them little by little. You have to fight the depression or it will overwhelm you. I wish you the best.

Love and hugs,
Tara
Unread 05-10-2011, 08:47 AM   #3
Elder

Leed has no updates.

My Mood:

3 yr Member
189 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: things never work out for me

Hi ~ Tara is right. We can change quite alot if we try. Just by changing our posture and holding our head up gives us a better outlook on things. Not only do we LOOK more self-assured, but we FEEL it too.

I need to lose weight too - but since I'm disabled it's gonna be hard. But I swear I'm going to lose this weight if I have to chop it off with a cleaver!

If your depression has affected you so much that you find it hard to do anything, please talk to your doctor and get on an antidepressant. Or if you ARE on an antidepressant, it might need to be changed -- sometimes we get "used" to the drug, and it needs changing or else the dosage needs increasing. Talk to your doctor.

I too wish you the very best. God bless you ! Hugs, Lee

Leed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2011, 10:52 AM   #4
prettysoldier has no updates.

My Mood:

3 yr Member
Default Re: things never work out for me

Although there is a ton of negative in this paragraph there is also great potential. An abrupt change in your life gives you the opportunity to pursue new things. A crappy apartment can be turned into a beautiful nest built exactly as you want it. No compromise with a partner. Paint the walls pink with purple poka dots and put doilies on every chair (if that makes you happy) Half custody allows you to relax a little and sort of grandma your kids. Treats or special activities you wouldn't normally allow. Hugs and playtime. In regards to the skills you have them, I promise. Learn something new or do something you used to enjoy but quit due to time or patience. As to the friends. We are here and the local friends will come in time. Call someone you lost contact with. My mum re-connected with her best friend she had not spoken to in 10 years. Most importantly keep talking, to us, to loved ones. It keeps that pressure from building to dangerous levels.
prettysoldier is offline   Reply With Quote