Psych Central

Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > Mental Health Support > Bipolar

advertisement
Unread 09-15-2013, 01:56 AM   #1
LostNAngry is feeling depressed

My Mood:

75 hugs
given
Angry Denied Disability when I have been diagnosed with a list of things...WHY??

I am way beyond even trying to understand the system. I have just waited the full entire 6 months to hear back from the disability that I applied for. I have been diagnosed with a list of things take a list of medications, don't ever freakn sleep. How I am suppose to work when I wont show up half the time because like tonight it is almost 3am??? and I haven't been to sleep and what go to work at flip out on someone. I have been diagnosed w "Major Depression" aka Bipolar and they are still messing with my meds and I have ANGER issues to the point that I literally have to have my husband pull me back from getting into trouble. Im 112lbs here..lol...not much I can do but anyway I don't even know if this is in the correct forum. I just know I am extremely ticked off and they want to why so many crazy people live out on the streets and do stupid crap. I cant even afford my meds and have no insurance this sucks and yes I am ranting. LIfe sucks....
LostNAngry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2013, 02:28 AM   #2
Elder

Miguel'smom I shouldn't this broken

My Mood:

2 yr Member
1,818 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Denied Disability when I have been diagnosed with a list of things...WHY??

"major Depression" is different than bipolar but SSI has denied my husband 4x in the past 3 years, he gave up, it wasn't worth the mood swings. Try to get medicaid or go to county health. Tell them you don't have money for meds.
Son- mood disorder nos, adhd & aspergers

Your stronger then you think.
Camp
Miguel'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2013, 05:27 AM   #3
Poohbah

kindachaotic has no updates.

My Mood:

2 yr Member
4,916 hugs
given
Default Re: Denied Disability when I have been diagnosed with a list of things...WHY??

I was denied twice then went to court(federal court) for SSDI and won.
Got back pay, & my checks & insurance started about 2 months later.
Did this without a lawyer & took 2yrs & 4 months.
Don't give up, wish you the best.
kindachaotic is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Unread 09-15-2013, 08:27 PM   #4

My Mood:

75 hugs
given

Okay well I guess I should clear this up I have been diagnosed by 3 different psychiatrists with have Bipolar, 2 different ones with Major Depression, GED, Panic attacks, Agoraphobia, Eating Disorder, Borderline personality Disorder, PTSD and numerous of other things since I have been seeking "help" so yes I understand there is a difference between Major Depression and Bipolar. But Im am NOT stopping fighting for what I believe I need help with. When I am manic I go literally DAYS with no sleep. Someone tell me what jobs requires you to work with no sleep and I will consider changing my mind. I am going and hiring a lawyer tomorrow that I know will take a huge chuck of my sum which I will be getting approved for. I have been to the psych ward 6 times; twice this year so far and take 17 pills a day. So I will not step down. The battle has just begun. Wish me luck!
Hugs from:
Unread 09-15-2013, 08:29 PM   #5

My Mood:

75 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindachaotic View Post
I was denied twice then went to court(federal court) for SSDI and won.
Got back pay, & my checks & insurance started about 2 months later.
Did this without a lawyer & took 2yrs & 4 months.
Don't give up, wish you the best.

Good for you!! AND you did it by yourself??? That is wonderful! You have the patience of a an angel..lol...I wont give up don't worry.. Im stubborn as a mule at times I am very happy to hear that someone fought and won especially because you did it on your own too. That takes a lot of guts. Thank you for your post. It is encouraging to me.
Unread 09-15-2013, 08:33 PM   #6

My Mood:

75 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel'smom View Post
"major Depression" is different than bipolar but SSI has denied my husband 4x in the past 3 years, he gave up, it wasn't worth the mood swings. Try to get medicaid or go to county health. Tell them you don't have money for meds.

I have already been denied Medicaid and I already have mood swings. If you read my post you will see what I have been diagnosed with so far. Psychiatrists love to diagnose people with a mixture of things. And I have contacted the county health already to seek help and the medication company's themselves to seek help and am awaiting a reply on that yet. Try paying almost as much for medications as your house payment and see how far that takes you....its not pretty. Its not nice when no one is willing to help you out financially when you are mentally ill.
Unread 09-15-2013, 09:07 PM   #7
Elder

Miguel'smom I shouldn't this broken

My Mood:

2 yr Member
1,818 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

I'm sorry, I posted 30 min. after your original post. I wasn't telling you to give up. I was telling you that my husband after years of being denied he gave up. I do understand trying to pay for meds out of pocket ours come up to well over $1k. You need to be honest with pdoc about what you can reasonably afford.

I'm really sorry you felt attacked
Son- mood disorder nos, adhd & aspergers

Your stronger then you think.
Camp
Miguel'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Hugs from:
Unread 09-16-2013, 02:46 PM   #8
Poohbah

dillpickle1983 so what if the sun is out, bed looks better. :(

My Mood:

3 yr Member
183 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

I got SSDI in 2 months, filed in May12 and was approved for SSI July12 then SSDI Aug12.. However in 2012 I was hospitalized about every other week. Also got commited to Warren State Hospital, but somehow I talked my way out of it. The SSDI adjudicator said that my file from the hospital(s) were 13 inches thick and she only went thru the first 100 pages. Almost ended up in the psych ward last week, but I survived without having to hold my self hostage. I have a VIP card to the local psych ward. I get to skip the line lol and go straight to the front of the ride.

Previous Dx's
Major Depression
Bipolar 1 & 2
Borderline Personality Disorder
dillpickle1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Unread 09-16-2013, 07:18 PM   #9

My Mood:

75 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel'smom View Post
I'm sorry, I posted 30 min. after your original post. I wasn't telling you to give up. I was telling you that my husband after years of being denied he gave up. I do understand trying to pay for meds out of pocket ours come up to well over $1k. You need to be honest with pdoc about what you can reasonably afford.

I'm really sorry you felt attacked

I am sorry I came off as rude. I have been going through quite a lot and I just get frustrated a lot of the time I wasn't happy to hear that I got denied even though most people do but I waited 6 months just hoping...ya know? I know this site is about us all sharing our stories and you were just sharing yours and your husband.
Unread 09-16-2013, 07:20 PM   #10

My Mood:

75 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillpickle1983 View Post
I got SSDI in 2 months, filed in May12 and was approved for SSI July12 then SSDI Aug12.. However in 2012 I was hospitalized about every other week. Also got commited to Warren State Hospital, but somehow I talked my way out of it. The SSDI adjudicator said that my file from the hospital(s) were 13 inches thick and she only went thru the first 100 pages. Almost ended up in the psych ward last week, but I survived without having to hold my self hostage. I have a VIP card to the local psych ward. I get to skip the line lol and go straight to the front of the ride.

I guess next time I go to the psych ward I need to request my very own VIP card LOL Thank you for sharing. I am glad you got the help you needed.