advertisement
Unread 07-31-2013, 11:55 AM   #1
Veteran Member

GenCat is fighting a mental battle.

My Mood:

262 hugs
given
Angry I Have Bipolar 1, Not Happy

I was told I have Bipolar 1 today. Not taking this news well, almost refusing to see I am Bipolar.
Unread 07-31-2013, 11:57 AM   #2
Elder

faerie_moon_x Better to light a candle than curse the darkness.

My Mood:

2 yr Member
3,697 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: I Have Bipolar 1, Not Happy

Hello,

I'm sorry your having a hard time with the news. It's okay and totally normal to feel that way with a new diagnosis. What is it that concerns you most about receiving the diagnosis? There is a lot of stigma on bipolar and really a lot of it is just ignorance from people who have no understanding or compassion. There are a lot of us here who can help you if there's anything specific you want to talk about.

Do you like to read? Check out my work in progress at:
http://reginnax.blogspot.com/
faerie_moon_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2013, 03:49 PM   #3

lateralminds has no updates.

My Mood:

My diagnosis was the same.

Imagine...

In the beginning the best thing for you to do is to remind yourself your you! You don't wear a barcode, you don't have a label, no one knows but your family... if they talk about it, tell them not too.

The word if you don't like it, change it too High Times, Low Times, now I am sure your a very creative person.

The leading events to this diagnosis are forgotten, and you think with a healthy mindset by clearing your mind to be present, to be grounded, to be you! Not bipolar, that's like shoe size... do you go out and tell people your shoe size?

If you make mistakes everyone does, don't blame it on! Don't tell people you are, you tell people the good things. You be the good things. You will start to feel better.

relax your mind this is big news, and meditate... focus, change up the music and clear, don't be so busy... funny thing is ,for some of us it is hard to be boring however be simple... simplicity

wish you the best
lateralminds is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Unread 07-31-2013, 04:33 PM   #4
Grand Magnate

sweepy62 emotional rollercoaster

My Mood:

2 yr Member
494 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

I was diagnosed last yr gencat I'm in my late 40 so if there is anything you need to know if I can help I will

BPD

ZOLOFT 100
TOPAMAX 400
ABILIFY 10
SYNTHROID 137

sweepy62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2013, 04:51 PM   #5

Muppy has begun a course of dirt therapy.

My Mood:

92 hugs
given

I was first diagnosed with depression and spent lots of time unmedicated. From 92-95 my stress level was incredible. Went on meds for depression and anxiety in 96. Modifications here and there and finally diagnosed....didn't want it ....but it helped explain some of my behaviors and has actually helped me avoid some weird behavior.

My friends accept me even with the bizarre life l've led. Having the correct diagnosis has helped my husband understand my moods. I guess I'm happy for diagnosis and meds because of the resut.

Open to any conversation you may want to have, and remember to be good to yourself.
Muppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2013, 04:58 PM   #6
Legendary Wise Elder
Community Liaison

kaliope is pissed at life

My Mood:

3 yr Member
5,208 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

I know how you feel. I didn't accept my diagnosis for years. it was not until a pdoc handed me a check off list of about a hundred symptoms of bipolar and I could check off about 96 of them that I finally believed I was bipolar and still did not fully accept it. the reality did not fully sink in until years later when I had a break down and was hospitalized against my will. then it sunk in that I was ill and needed to do something about it. I never want to be there again. good luck to you.

kaliope is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2013, 06:04 PM   #7
nanettetron has no updates.

My Mood:

2 yr Member
5 hugs
given

I can relate , I am diagnosed with Bipolar too, was happy when I was young. It seems a lot of people are prejudiced against bipolars because they say we are mean or have no moral conscious. I know that is strong, but it is not always true. God is love and He has given us faith hope and love to give to others. I try to keep to myself so people don't stare at me or ask me serious questions. I do not try to mix with the church people too much. There is love and hope and finances and work though. Be good and just and loving and the Lord will help you. He is everywhere and all knowing and He created you for a purpose of goodness. I will pray for you and you will have joy , and peace and happiness. God bless , love, Nanette Tron
Unread 07-31-2013, 06:07 PM   #8
EternalWinter has no updates.

My Mood:

2 hugs
given

I am sorry you are dealing with this but please dont assume the worst, many of us live happy almost normal lives. I didnt accept my first diagnosis and went back two years later
EternalWinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2013, 08:08 PM   #9
Grand Magnate

A Red Panda can't sleep, clown will eat me!

My Mood:

804 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

You're still you GenCat! That doesn't change! It just might hopefully explain a few things about yourself that have maybe confused you? I certainly know that I confused (and still confuse) myself all the time, but that the more I read about bipolar, and the more I see people sharing similarities on here, the less confused I am by myself.

"I have a problem with low self-esteem. Which is really ridiculous when you consider how amazing I am.

A Red Panda is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2013, 09:37 PM   #10
Magnate

BipolaRNurse is at a crossroads.

My Mood:

2 yr Member
2,091 hugs
given

After about a year of struggling with my original diagnosis of BP-NOS, I had a defining episode that earned me the BP 1 designation. Strangely enough, I've had an easier time accepting that, maybe because it's a 'real' diagnosis and explains almost everything about the way my entire life has unfolded.

Do I wish I didn't have this diagnosis? You bet!!! Do I wish I didn't have to take five medications to control its symptoms? You'd better believe I do! But it is what it is, and the sooner you accept it, the sooner you'll get well.

Dx: Bipolar 1
Meds: Lamictal 300 mg
Celexa 5 mg
Geodon 80 mg
Zyprexa 5 mg
Klonopin 0.5 mg
Ativan 1 mg PRN

Please come visit me @ http://bpnurse.com
BipolaRNurse is offline   Reply With Quote