Unread 03-01-2013, 05:33 PM   #1
Poohbah

Secretum has no updates.

My Mood:

5 yr Member
410 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Why do I do this and how can I stop?

Whenever things are hard for me, I think about sui. I'm a coward; I've never attempted and I probably never will. But I think about it a lot.

Tonight, I think that I should kill myself because:

-My friends don't really care
-I'm pathetic, lazy, and never will change
-I keep thinking about it but never act; if I was really a sincere person, I'd act on my thoughts

None of that makes any sense, does it? Why am I like this? Instead of thinking about how to fix the problems in my life, I automatically think about sui.

Tonight has not been very good for me, and I don't even know why. My thoughts just sort of turned really dark, and I don't feel like they make much sense.

Dx: bipolar with psychosis, ADHD
Rx: 11 mg Zyprexa
50 mg Prozac

Secretum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2013, 05:42 PM   #2
Magnate
Confusedinomicon has no updates.

My Mood:

3 yr Member
134 hugs
given
Default Re: Why do I do this and how can I stop?

Maybe its a habit that you automatically believe suit is the answer if something goes wrong? All you can do is identify and correct the thought.

Ill type a proper response when I get on a laptop.
Confusedinomicon is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Unread 03-01-2013, 05:44 PM   #3
Legendary

hamster-bamster wish me luck!

My Mood:

2 yr Member
3,039 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secretum View Post

If everybody who is pathetic and lazy commits suicide, the species will soon be extinct. Think about the preservation of the species!

***The most assured way to gain weight in the long term is to diet in an effort to lose weight***
hamster-bamster is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Unread 03-01-2013, 05:46 PM   #4
Poohbah

Secretum has no updates.

My Mood:

5 yr Member
410 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Haha, Hamster, even in this dark place, you got me to laugh.

Dx: bipolar with psychosis, ADHD
Rx: 11 mg Zyprexa
50 mg Prozac

Secretum is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Unread 03-01-2013, 05:53 PM   #5
Legendary

My Mood:

2 yr Member
3,039 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

That is good. Laughter, the best medicine. But take the preservation of the species seriously, nothing funny about that obligation!

***The most assured way to gain weight in the long term is to diet in an effort to lose weight***
"Thanks for this!" says:
Unread 03-01-2013, 05:53 PM   #6
dugan123 has no updates.

2 hugs
given

Hi secretum

It could b a habit but its definitely an indicator that something is wrong. When u have the thought let it trip right on through ur head and keep on going. Try not to focus on the sui thought and don't nourish it. My pdoc told me it could b how the mania is manifesting itself. Ur r not a coward for not committing suicide. Quite the opposite. I think u r a strong person for not believing the thoughts!! Best of luck!!
dugan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Unread 03-01-2013, 06:19 PM   #7
Grand Member

AeonDM has no updates.

18 hugs
given

"I guess I realize that I don’t want to die. I don’t want to live either, but—there really isn’t anything in-between. Depression is about as close as you get to somewhere between dead and alive, and it’s the worst. But since the tendency toward inertia means that it’s easier for me to stay alive than die, I guess that’s how it’s going to be, so I guess I should try to be happy."
–ditto

"I think many people kill themselves simply to stop the debate about whether they will or they won’t.

Anything I thought or did was immediately drawn into the debate. Made a stupid remark—why not kill myself? Missed the bus—better put an end to it all. Even the good got in there. I liked that movie—maybe I shouldn’t kill myself.

Actually, it was only part of myself I wanted to kill: the part that wanted to kill herself, that dragged me into the suicide debate and made every window, kitchen implement, and subway station a rehearsal for tragedy."
–ditto
AeonDM is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Unread 03-01-2013, 06:29 PM   #8
~ * ~ Grand Bananas ~ * ~

BlueInanna help..

My Mood:

2 yr Member
3,124 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

I do it too S, has to be part of the bp, hypersensitivity, catastrophic thinking. Can you challenge the thoughts and consider you just want things to be different? You don't have to find all the solutions at once, but try to break it down as to what you want to be different in your life? You want friends who show they care, you want more energy to get things done so you don't have to feel lazy and mad at yourself about it.
Hugs from:
Unread 03-01-2013, 06:33 PM   #9
Elder

faerie_moon_x Better to light a candle than curse the darkness.

My Mood:

2 yr Member
3,628 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Trig Re: Why do I do this and how can I stop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secretum View Post
Whenever things are hard for me, I think about sui. I'm a coward; I've never attempted and I probably never will. But I think about it a lot.

-My friends don't really care
-I keep thinking about it but never act; if I was really a sincere person, I'd act on my thoughts

None of that makes any sense, does it? Why am I like this? Instead of thinking about how to fix the problems in my life, I automatically think about sui.

Tonight has not been very good for me, and I don't even know why. My thoughts just sort of turned really dark, and I don't feel like they make much sense.
I marked this as triggering just in case.

This is my own personal opinion on this. It's only based on observations I have lived through myself.

I struggled with the suicidal thoughts issues for longer than I can remember. I do have three attempts, two as a teenager and one as a young adult. None were successful.

These thoughts, in my opinion, are part of the mis-wiring of the brain for MI. Not everyone has it, but I think it's pretty common. I know that for me, as soon as something would go bad, triggering me into depression, the suicidal thoughts would just flood in unannounced. Usually, they were just fleeting thoughts and go away. Sometimes stronger. For my 3 attempts, I had no plan, they were all sudden and rash, the first time I was not alone but the other two times I was alone, so it wasn't "attention" seeking like some people claim. But, I've also had plans before, very specific and detailed ones.

I have come up with two analogies for suicide.

The first is that suicidal thoughts are litle a little demon whispering in your ear. It's always there, waiting for you to let your guard down. It's waiting to tell you lies and make you feel worse. You constantly have to be on the lookout, because it can overwhelm you if you let it seduce you with the dark lies.

Second is that bipolar (or depression or whatever) is like a storm. Suicidal thoughts are the lightning in the storm. Sometimes they are just far away flashes. Other times, they are right over your head, crashing down around you. They are brief, temporary, and deadly... just like lightning.

You can overcome these thoughts with vigilance, but it's not easy. I have mostly gotten rid of them. I feel I have succeeded. In my bigger episodes, it might flash through my mind. But no more plans. And they don't come as often as they used to. So, I feel that I am successful in this. I also believe even though now I'm at this place mentally, I need to be careful. They could come back later if something goes wrong. So, I stay vigilent.

Remember: suicidal thoughts are a symptom of the illness, and not the illness itself.

Do you like to read? Check out my work in progress at:
http://reginnax.blogspot.com/
faerie_moon_x is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Unread 03-01-2013, 07:30 PM   #10
Legendary

My Mood:

2 yr Member
3,039 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Secretum,

You are having a crush on a professor. That means that you are alive and well. It takes life force to develop a crush. You have life force in you.

"Thanks for this!" says: