Psych Central

Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > Mental Health Support > Bipolar

advertisement
Unread 02-15-2013, 10:12 PM   #1
Melmo has no updates.

2 yr Member
11 hugs
given
Default Am I the only one who feels like I'm meant to be single forever?

I like to be alone. But I don't want to be alone forever.
I hate that I can't be in a normal relationship. Why can't I just open up to someone and fall in love?? It's never gonna happen for me, I'm gonna be single forever.
Melmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2013, 10:30 PM   #2
manioso has no updates.

My Mood:

2 hugs
given
Default Re: Am I the only one who feels like I'm meant to be single forever?

My fiancee left for Australia a way back and we kinda a had a crisis of sorts, how to cope with each other being like 5000 miles apart, thats a nice task.

Two weeks after I broke up with her, she married a local fellow, on whom she had her eyes stuck before.

Haven't had a close relationship with anyone since that. And not planning to.

So yeah, feel where you're coming through. I feel such an unimaginable hatred for womanhood, that I really doubt, I'll get any children nor would I hang myself in on a relationship. I've dealt with it on my head and I'm on par with it. It kinda gives you a soothing feeling, since there's no more trying nor mind games.

There are points for being a hermit, I guarantee it; esp. since pets are allowed.
manioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2013, 10:41 PM   #3
Melmo has no updates.

2 yr Member
11 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by manioso View Post
My fiancee left for Australia a way back and we kinda a had a crisis of sorts, how to cope with each other being like 5000 miles apart, thats a nice task.

Two weeks after I broke up with her, she married a local fellow, on whom she had her eyes stuck before.

Haven't had a close relationship with anyone since that. And not planning to.

So yeah, feel where you're coming through. I feel such an unimaginable hatred for womanhood, that I really doubt, I'll get any children nor would I hang myself in on a relationship. I've dealt with it on my head and I'm on par with it. It kinda gives you a soothing feeling, since there's no more trying nor mind games.

There are points for being a hermit, I guarantee it; esp. since pets are allowed.
Well there are definite pros to being single. I can do what I want and not have to check with anyone before doing something or going somewhere. I just feel like in my spare time, I want to relax and have "me time"
I feel like it's kind of exhausting being around someone and trying to act normal. For example:
I was seeing a guy for a couple months and we only got to see each other on the weekends because of our work schedules. I found that every weekend I felt obligated to spend friday and saturday nights with him and I started to resent it because I wanted to just relax and be alone.
It seems everyone else wants to be with someone else, they are "needy" Why can't I be normal?? I guess it does have it's pros, I don't feel depressed on V Day because I am glad to be single, but I feel like I will be like this forever. I want to have more kids someday, but its never gonna happen by the looks of it!
Melmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2013, 02:09 AM   #4
Veteran Member

purpledaisy In a Funkeddy-Funk

2 yr Member
89 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustWantToBeNormal View Post
Well there are definite pros to being single. I can do what I want and not have to check with anyone before doing something or going somewhere. I just feel like in my spare time, I want to relax and have "me time"
I feel like it's kind of exhausting being around someone and trying to act normal. For example:
I was seeing a guy for a couple months and we only got to see each other on the weekends because of our work schedules. I found that every weekend I felt obligated to spend friday and saturday nights with him and I started to resent it because I wanted to just relax and be alone.
It seems everyone else wants to be with someone else, they are "needy" Why can't I be normal?? I guess it does have it's pros, I don't feel depressed on V Day because I am glad to be single, but I feel like I will be like this forever. I want to have more kids someday, but its never gonna happen by the looks of it!

I know how you feel.

Freedom to do what I want, whenever I want, without having to check with someone or ask permission like a lot of people do is great. Sometimes, when I think about friends who have spouses and kids, I wonder how in the world they get any "me time" evenings and weekends when they're busy tending to their family members.

But, after having no dates or relationships or sex since 1997, it sometimes feels like some "us time" would be great rather than the non-stop "me time."

Bipolar II * Rapid-Cycling

46. Female. Midwest USA. Just returned to treatment in July 2012 after being out of treatment since 1994. First diagnosed at age 21.

Writer stuck in a cubicle by day.
purpledaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Unread 02-16-2013, 11:33 AM   #5
Magnate

Clinte89 is making good progress.

My Mood:

2 yr Member
40 hugs
given

I feel this way I had one serious girlfriend and we broke up due to my bp non dxed self went absolutely batshit crazy on her. And do I feel if I have to live with bp I don't want I have another person to deal with it to. You know save someone the trouble.

lamictal 200mg, synthroid 75 mcg, Testosterone injections thanks to lithium causing thyroid problems
Clinte89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2013, 02:13 PM   #6

bos314489 has no updates.

My Mood:

1 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clinte89 View Post
I feel this way I had one serious girlfriend and we broke up due to my bp non dxed self went absolutely batshit crazy on her. And do I feel if I have to live with bp I don't want I have another person to deal with it to. You know save someone the trouble.
I agree why drag another person down into our out of control unstable world? I got a dog. I have a few friends, I am okay with that.
bos314489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2013, 02:15 PM   #7
Magnate

Clinte89 is making good progress.

My Mood:

2 yr Member
40 hugs
given

Yeah I want a dog I used to have one and they love you no matter what. People aren't that loyal. And yeah dragging someone into my world would be bad for them I mean I'm stabler than I was back then but still feel I wouldn't drag someone down with me.

lamictal 200mg, synthroid 75 mcg, Testosterone injections thanks to lithium causing thyroid problems
Clinte89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2013, 02:22 PM   #8
Grand Member

AeonDM has no updates.

18 hugs
given

Who know what will happen tomorrow? It is better to choose to live day by day, moment by moment. It is better to choose to be kind to oneself, to love oneself, by being kind to myself, to learn to love myself.

Who knows what will I be then? Que Sara, Sara...

Last edited by AeonDM; 02-16-2013 at 02:35 PM.
AeonDM is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Unread 02-16-2013, 03:46 PM   #9
Southmyrtle89 has no updates.

3 yr Member

I have the opposite problem, I guess. I don't really like being alone. I'm a writer (most of the time) and I work in a coffee shop to be around other people. But I'm beginning to think I'm just really bad at reading people since I've asked out a couple of guys in recent time and ... negatives. I think my big question, though, is when do you TELL that other person about your mental illness? I've been hospitalized twice and that tends to scare people off for the most part. I'm pretty stable now, but that's no guarantee I've learned. So what do you think? When do I tell?
Southmyrtle89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2013, 04:22 PM   #10
Grand Member

AeonDM has no updates.

18 hugs
given

When you are confident. When you are confidence in yourself. When you know yesterday you were you. When you know today you are living. When you know tomorrow you are living your today, may be even better.

What you do today can be who you can be tomorrow.

You know yourself and the meaning to your life.

Last edited by AeonDM; 02-16-2013 at 04:44 PM.
AeonDM is offline   Reply With Quote