Psych Central

Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > Mental Health Support > Bipolar

advertisement
Unread 11-02-2012, 01:45 PM   #1

Just a girl.. I picked this avatar because I think it describes me.. Always trying to run away, instead of dealing with my problems..

My Mood:

2 yr Member
70 hugs
given
Trig Completely overwhelmed with school..

This is my first year in cyber school, and I'm doing horrible.
All my life I have pretty much been an A and B student.
Last year I started having problems with really bad stomach pain. Which lead to me missing A LOT of school. I missed well over 40 days. (I was still in public school). & because I missed so many days of school most of my teachers did not like me, and thought I was just one of those kids that doesn't care and is gonna waste the rest of their lives. .. I felt that it was horrible for them to make such assumptions without even trying to figure out what was going on.
Of course, this made me angry so I didn't tell them why I was missing so much school. Even though I was not attending school very often, I still passed with As, Bs, and Cs.

This year, I transferred to Cyber school. I was so excited for the school year to start, and actually wished it would start early. Then it started and I thought it was great. .. a few days into school it stopped working, and my computer would no longer let me get into my virtual classes. This messed up my schedule SO MUCH. and I get REALLY far behind. .. I thought i would try to make up the work one class at a time, but I just couldn't stay focused and I had no one to help me because everyone else was just so far ahead. I'm still having this problem and the marking period ends on November 6th! (that's in four days)

I am currently taking four classes. (History, Art, Geometry, and Biology)
History and Art class are only for one semester. So if I don't have my grades up to passing by the 6th (the 8th for history, due to power outages) then I fail those classes for the year. (IVE NEVER FAILED A CLASS BEFORE) My Geometry class is for the whole year, but I got an email saying that most kids who are behind 2 units or more usually don't pass the class. (I'm almost behind 3 units..) & I'm not sure which one my biology class is yet, she hasn't emailed me back.

To make everything better I still can not stay focused. I can't concentrate on school. I am so overwhelmed that I don't even know where to start.. plus with the whole four days I have left, Tonight my mom wants to have a "movie night" together, tomorrow a bunch of people are coming to my house for a bonfire, sunday I have church for half the day, and monday and tuesday I have to go an hour away over night to babysit my baby cousin.

THIS IS SO STRESSFUL!

And on top of everything else, I have to constantly monitor how I am feeling, what I'm doing, and what I eat. I also have to stop whatever I'm doing at least every three hours to get something to eat because I'm hypoglycemic. & to top it all off I am dealing with a Bipolar Disorder and Depression, that I have just recently told my mother, boyfriend, and best friend about. So I have to deal with all of that too. & I have to keep it a secret from everyone else. Which means AGAIN my teachers think I am good for nothing, and they shouldn't even try to help, because they don't think I'm going anywhere in life anyway..
Just a girl.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2012, 02:05 PM   #2

iluvdukie1 has no updates.

My Mood:

2 yr Member
41 hugs
given
Default Re: Completely overwhelmed with school..

I am so sorry to hear that you are feeling this way! Hopefully things will get better for you!
iluvdukie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2012, 02:30 PM   #3
Account Suspended
hamster-bamster wish me luck!

My Mood:

3 yr Member
3,828 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Completely overwhelmed with school..

It is good that you told us but now you need to stop posting and start working. Your teachers need to learn from your mom that you have been having issues with health. Try to cancel church and whatever else that can be cancelled.
hamster-bamster is offline   Reply With Quote