Forums at Psych Central

Forums at Psych Central (http://forums.psychcentral.com/)
-   Bipolar (http://forums.psychcentral.com/bipolar/)
-   -   Welcome to the Bipolar Forum (http://forums.psychcentral.com/bipolar/177772-welcome-bipolar-forum.html)

ScreamItsKat 04-08-2012 04:44 PM

Re: Welcome to the Bipolar Forum

Hi,Im new to this website and came here mainly for help,answers and someone to talk to about how I feel. I am young at only 15 and I live with my Mum and Dad. I haven't been diagnosed properly with any disorders but I am certain that a disorder is linked to how I feel,the disorder that I have found that my feelings are very similar to is the Bipolar disorder. I really would appreciate someone to talk to about this. I feel extremely isolated about my feelings,my parents never talk to me about this and when I try it never happens,it usually turns into arguments or my mum(I mainly speak to my mum,I hardly talk to my dad) runs away from the situation. My mum seems to be very oblivious to my feelings and thoughts probably because I never have success trying to talk with her. I really hate this fact,all i want is answers and to know I can properly talk to someone,I feel stuck right now and I hope this website can help me. :( Thank you if you respond to this. X

porcupine2 04-09-2012 07:12 AM

hello Scream - I don't know when it will actually not be taboo to have a mental illness. No one ever wants to hear about it because they fear it - especially family. Is there a counselor at school you can talk to? I'm not sure what they have available in Scotland but maybe another family member (aunt or uncle, grandparents) could help you get thru to your parents. Take a look at the other forums on this website - you will see yourself in many of our stories. You are never alone - hang in there!

beautifullybroken25 04-09-2012 04:22 PM

Hello! My name is Jen, and I am 25 years old. I was just recently diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder a few weeks ago. I have been taking this medication called Seroquel XR 400mg. I take it at 7pm because it also helps with my insomnia. Since I'm so new to the disorder and I am eager to learn much more about it. Along with BD I also have Adult ADD and Anxiety Disorder. I look forward to meeting others who suffer with the same diagnosis.

irishgirliexo 04-18-2012 09:46 PM

Hey, my name is Erin. I'm 25 years old and diagnosed with Bipolar I last May. I have been stable since June 2011. I am currently taking Lithium, Tegretol and Geodon. I also take Xanax for anxiety and Ambien for sleep troubles. I joined to have a community where I can talk about this with people in the same situation as me. Nice to meet you all! (:

xoJoannexo 04-21-2012 11:55 AM

Hello, my name is Joanne and I'm 31 years old... I have recently been diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder, so it's nice to have a place to come to where others are also suffering.
I was first diagnosed with depression when I was 16 years old, and since then I have been on this horrific roller coaster ride...
This year alone I have been hospitilazed 6 times with one suicide attempt for depression... My psychiatrist has just recently diagnosed me with Biploar 2 disorder...
I'm in a way relieved for the diagnoses, and somewhat scared at what's in store for my future...
I have two beautiful daughters, aged 4 and 1 and a very supportive husband...
However, my life feels blah, dull and empty, I have been doing Reiki to sustain my energy levels...
I am so thankful for a wonderful forum where I can come to, to have some answers answered and to speak my mind... thanks again

yinyangmama 04-23-2012 06:00 PM

Hi! I'm Kelley from Atlanta. My story: I went through treatment for tonsil cancer in early 2011 and after treatment found myself in a manic/hypomanic episode which lasted several months. I knew things weren't right but didn't realize what it was until I sprang into severe depression at the end of the year, and started cutting (which I had never done before). I was diagnosed with BPD after throwing up my hands and asking for help. I completed an Intensive Outpatient hospitalization program in March. Now I am trying to adjust to new medications (Lamictal and Zoloft), negotiate a new role at my stressful job, make the appropriate apologies, accept the diagnosis, deal with healing physically and emotionally, mend a marriage that I almost completely ruined, and all of this while being Mommy to my 4 year old boy and 2 year old girl. I have recovered from cancer and tests have been clean since, so that part is hopefully behind me. I'm glad I found this site and have been reading on here a lot, and look forward to chatting with others who have similar problems and concerns.

thedayturnedaround 04-24-2012 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beautifullybroken25 (Post 2310359)
Hello! My name is Jen, and I am 25 years old. I was just recently diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder a few weeks ago. I have been taking this medication called Seroquel XR 400mg. I take it at 7pm because it also helps with my insomnia. Since I'm so new to the disorder and I am eager to learn much more about it. Along with BD I also have Adult ADD and Anxiety Disorder. I look forward to meeting others who suffer with the same diagnosis.

Hi Jen. I have bipolar disorder also. I used to take Seroquel. I have been diagnosed bipolar for over 10 years. If you want to talk about anything I'm here for the same reason.

porcupine2 04-25-2012 06:35 AM

I have been in 'raging' mode for almost 2 weeks now. Can't seem to settle myself down and when I get close something else happens that sets me off. Today I go pick up my meds from the pharmacy and last time I was there I made a scene. And I'm already at a boiling point when I woke up as if ready for battle. This is how the manic part of my disorder shows itself - not all happy and reckless - just deep down to the gut rage. It is so much harder to go from 10 to 1, than 1 to 10.

IAmtheWaiting 04-25-2012 11:57 AM

I turned here too, Rene, and it's the first time in my life I've really felt the need to talk to someone on a message board also. My younger brother is going through diagnosis right now for what the doctors think is bi-polar. From what I have been learning about it, it seems to take a lot of time before the right combination of medicines can be found to treat each different patient. His condition has been going on for just over a month, and he has already seemed to show improvement since he was first in the hospital. The most promising thing I heard him say was that he realized it WAS possible to feel all-right, and that he was glad there were medicines out there for him to take. He said he felt like he never had any close friends, and that he was anti-social, which I never would have described him as at all, but then, what do I know? I sympathize with your situation because I am the same age, and a single girl who also feels like I am going nowhere in my life. I have held a decently-enough paying job for over 7 years, with health benefits and a 401K, and all that stuff, but I am so un-satisfied with life also. I don't personally feel like I have bi-polar, but seeing my brother go through this has made me feel even worse, since there are people out there who are going through VERY real problems, and it makes the day-to-day stuff I do like working and living seem really un-important. When my brother was first put in the hospital, he was really agitated and violent and when I visited him they had him in physical restraints. This was so tough for me to see my "baby" brother like this. But within a month, he has already gone from THAT to actually talking about how bad he felt before any of this was discovered, and while there are still extreme ups and downs from day to day, and even minute to minute while the doctors evaluate and re-evaluate him, I am right now hopeful that bi-polar, and similar issues are very treatable. I am am hoping for the patience and the strength to get through this and be there for my brother, and by knowing that there are so many others out there, like yourself, who are reaching out to either seek or give help, I am even more assured that recovery is possible for us all.

Nsgirl 04-25-2012 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merlin (Post 1767131)
Welcome to our forum! Come in and introduce yourself to other members!! This thread is place for new members to get the attention and feedback of the older members, or older members to give more information about themselves. They can discuss diagnosis, treatment or another other topic of their disorder and older members will respond.

I created this introduction thread due to the number of introductions posted on the "Bipolar Chat" sticky. The Bipolar Chat that I lead is now scheduled on Fridays at 9 PM EST. It will cover a variety of topics which will be posted in the chat announcement and outlines will also be posted for those unable to make the chats. The first Friday of the month Wingin'it will lead an open Bipolar Chat. Those will Bipolar are also invited to the Depression Chat on Wednesday at 9 PM EST, but there will be significant overlap in topic.

I am 40 and diagnosed with bipolar 1 year ago. I also have narcolepsy which makes finding meds I can take a problem. I'm hopeful I can find others with both diag.