Psych Central

Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > Mental Health Support > Anxiety, Panic and Phobias

advertisement
Unread 08-15-2014, 01:06 AM   #1
XxxkittykatxxX is toxic...

My Mood:

Unhappy Thunder storms?

I've been having trouble with thunderstorms lately... A few months ago, we were running when a storm came in... (In the military.) and I ride a bike, so I didn't think anything of it. The lightning kept getting closer and closer until I finally just took refuge under a building. I left my bike there until later...but was still shook up.

Later that week, I did a bake sale and we ended up with a thunderstorm...and again, bike. Lots of ground strikes, close-by.

I've just had trouble dealing with storms lately. I start getting worried about getting struck by lightning or a tornado touching down, or something. It's to the point I almost won't walk outside during a storm.

Can anyone relate?
XxxkittykatxxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2014, 01:11 AM   #2

ChildlikeEmpress is trying not to be mute.

My Mood:

69 hugs
given
Default Re: Thunder storms?

For sure!! I used to live in the midwest USA and the thunderstorms were so bad there. Sometimes quite terrifying even when in the car, we'd drive to the nearest place to take shelter and run inside to wait it out. I was always nervous about tornadoes in the spring and summer especially.
When I was a teenager I used to have recurring nightmares about being chased by tornadoes -- thankfully don't have those anymore!
ChildlikeEmpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2014, 01:16 AM   #3
XxxkittykatxxX is toxic...

My Mood:

Default Re: Thunder storms?

It sucks at work, especially when the wind picks up. :/ Plus, our shop is pretty much condemned. Just no monies for a new one.
XxxkittykatxxX is offline   Reply With Quote