Psych Central

Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > Mental Health Support > Addictions

advertisement
Unread 03-19-2013, 03:10 PM   #1
Flyers1 has no updates.

Default Depression and Percocet

I am depressed approx two years also had back pain and was taking Percocet I worked up to 45 mg a day because guess what it made my depression go away none of the antidepressants worked what a fool I am i became addicted to the Percs I know where not drs but I guess the Percs were working against the antidepressants I'm trying to stop 3 rd day perc free but I'm more depressed now and going through withdrawal

Any experiences tips? Thank you
Flyers1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Hugs from:
Unread 03-19-2013, 11:23 PM   #2
Legendary Wise Elder &
Senior
Community Liaison

Travelinglady says, "New and need help? Contact us Community Liaisons!"

My Mood:

3 yr Member
9,253 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Depression and Percocet

I do know that pain itself can lead to depression. Alas, it is easy to get addicted to Percocet. I suggest you tell your doctor about this problem. He/she might be able to give you a schedule where you gradually go off of it. Or, if need be, send you to a clinic.

I just got off Percocet myself and I did have to wean off of it because I had taken it for so long. But I didn't take more than I was prescribed. Weaning off gradually will prevent the withdrawals. Plus the doc might switch you over to Tramadol in place of Percocet, so at least you will have something to help you with the pain.

I don't know that Percocet works against antidepressants. But I can't say for sure.
Unread 03-20-2013, 03:18 PM   #3
Flyers1 has no updates.

Default Re: Depression and Percocet

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAYNE1 View Post
I do know that pain itself can lead to depression. Alas, it is easy to get addicted to Percocet. I suggest you tell your doctor about this problem. He/she might be able to give you a schedule where you gradually go off of it. Or, if need be, send you to a clinic.

I just got off Percocet myself and I did have to wean off of it because I had taken it for so long. But I didn't take more than I was prescribed. Weaning off gradually will prevent the withdrawals. Plus the doc might switch you over to Tramadol in place of Percocet, so at least you will have something to help you with the pain.

I don't know that Percocet works against antidepressants. But I can't say for sure.
Thanks. I was taking too much Percocet I knew it was wrong but it was helping with my depression only short time now I'm paying the price
Flyers1 is offline   Reply With Quote